Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
V-10 Manifold Issue

I have and Ford Chassis with the V-10 engine and a while back I had one of the manifold bolts break. I was told by the Ford Dealer that it wasn't big deal to drive it and was given a quote of $1700 if I wanted it fixed. Well I didn't have the resources at the time and now it's gotten worse. I have a service contract from EASY CARE which specifically excludes exhaust systems, which I take as muffler and exhaust pipes. I consider the manifold as part of the engine. My Question - has anyone received manifold work covered with a service contract?
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2020, 04:19 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
According to their website, all 4 level's of care, total, stated, primary and power cover the intake and exhaust manifolds.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you, it's sort of what I thought but with the fine print I wasn't sure. I will see if my Ford Dealership will work with them.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:35 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Follow-up - I took the RV to my local Ford Dealership and dealt with the service technician that I usually deal with for oil changes and other work on the RV said he would take it on. He reached out to EasyCare and they made it clear that they cover the Manifolds but not the bolts for the Manifolds. I would have to be on the hook for the work if the manifolds weren't damaged. I gave him the OK and they found that that five bolts were snapped and one motor mount was broken. Fortunately the broken bolts came out without too much effort and did not have to be drilled out. Both Manifolds were warped and not in factory specifications. EasyCare is sending an appraiser down in a few days to view the parts and confirm the vehicle serial number so it looks like most of the bill will be covered (minus new bolts and time to remove the broken bolts plus deductible).
Old 01-06-2021, 07:31 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmat View Post
Follow-up - I took the RV to my local Ford Dealership and dealt with the service technician that I usually deal with for oil changes and other work on the RV said he would take it on. He reached out to EasyCare and they made it clear that they cover the Manifolds but not the bolts for the Manifolds. I would have to be on the hook for the work if the manifolds weren't damaged. I gave him the OK and they found that that five bolts were snapped and one motor mount was broken. Fortunately the broken bolts came out without too much effort and did not have to be drilled out. Both Manifolds were warped and not in factory specifications. EasyCare is sending an appraiser down in a few days to view the parts and confirm the vehicle serial number so it looks like most of the bill will be covered (minus new bolts and time to remove the broken bolts plus deductible).
Good luck with that
They will try their best to wiggle out of paying. Had similar problem
End was they refunded my money for policy instead of paying for repair even though it was covered in policy.
1999 V10.
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:37 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Follow-up - Picked it up late Friday and found that EASYCARE denied the claim saying that the uncovered part (bolts) caused the damage (warped manifolds) and they didn't cover items damaged by an uncovered part. I am following up this morning and looking how to appeal. Cost on Friday $4,200.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
That’s like saying the tail wags the dog. The bolts broke, IMHO, because the warping manifold stressed them, and snapped them off. Get the opinion of Ford, why the bolts broke, in writing.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Follow-up - Picked it up late Friday and found that EASYCARE denied the claim saying that the uncovered part (bolts) caused the damage (warped manifolds) and they didn't cover items damaged by an uncovered part. I am following up this morning and looking how to appeal. Cost on Friday $4,200.

Extended warranty are all a waste of money.
They can always find a way to not pay a claim.
I saved the money and will use it later on down the road.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:36 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Follow-up to the follow-up - got copies of what the claims adjuster filed and they had a form signed off by the Ford dealer's mechanic agreeing to the adjusters finding that the warping was caused by the bolts not being replaced. Second as the Ford Dealership could not keep the job taking up their mechanics bay until the adjuster arrived they completed the work prior to the adjusters arrival. Easycare added to the denial letter that the work was completed without approval which is a reason in it self for denial.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:56 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Follow-up to the follow-up - got copies of what the claims adjuster filed and they had a form signed off by the Ford dealer's mechanic agreeing to the adjusters finding that the warping was caused by the bolts not being replaced. Second as the Ford Dealership could not keep the job taking up their mechanics bay until the adjuster arrived they completed the work prior to the adjusters arrival. Easycare added to the denial letter that the work was completed without approval which is a reason in it self for denial.
Get your unused portion back. Same problem . Received back 2800$. Good luck [emoji106]
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote