Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2020, 04:53 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wheel center cap

Can anyone tell me how to remove the front center cap on my wheels. I know how to remove the rears. Just not sure about the fronts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	170CF072-BB3F-455F-8494-5861E65000E5.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	302687  
Ledawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2020, 05:34 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
There will be 2 'lug nuts' with dimples, or lines on them. Those are the real nuts. Remove those and the cap will come off.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:45 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Alcoa wheel

These are Alcoa Aluminum wheels. Only the center piece is a cap. Does that still apply?
Old 09-28-2020, 06:17 PM   #4

Could be the wheel holds the cap....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:36 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledawg View Post
These are Alcoa Aluminum wheels. Only the center piece is a cap. Does that still apply?
I don't know, sorry. I'm just recounting how mine come off, but they aren't aluminum.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:40 PM   #6
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
What HarryStone said.

Those appear to be the same as mine.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:51 PM   #7

There should be a tool to remove the two with the dimples on them. Once you have those off as the other replies noted, the cover will come off.
aeroquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:37 AM   #8

Some have all lugs real. Mine do. The smaller center cap, which may be what he is asking about, just pops on and doesn't seem to be made to come off again. Is there a reason OP wants to take it off? I recently replaced one. I think you could pry it off with a flat head screwdriver or something similar, but I doubt it would fit back on well and tight.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:06 PM   #9

two lugs hold the entire hub cap on. a screwdriver will remove the center cap.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #10

You have Alcoa aluminum wheels, the center is simply a hub cap that attaches with small spring clips on the back side outer edge of the cap. The clips press against the wheel's center opening to hold them on. Use a small thin flat blade screw driver to slip between the edge of the cap and the wheel and pop it off. Note when replacing that it will have cutout areas that need to be aligned with the hub centering flange, then simply press it back on. The only reason to remove these caps is to check the hub oil level.
Tom
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCoTom View Post
You have Alcoa aluminum wheels, the center is simply a hub cap that attaches with small spring clips on the back side outer edge of the cap. The clips press against the wheel's center opening to hold them on. Use a small thin flat blade screw driver to slip between the edge of the cap and the wheel and pop it off. Note when replacing that it will have cutout areas that need to be aligned with the hub centering flange, then simply press it back on. The only reason to remove these caps is to check the hub oil level.
Tom
Thanks, thats what I was looking for. I wasn’t sure how they came off.