Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2011, 06:37 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
08 Dynasty 315 tire Clearance Issue

I have an 08 Dynasty Yorkshire IV. After months of reading all of the tire posts on this forum and others I decided to take the plunge and upgrade as others have indicated sucess with their Dynasty, and Signaturesupgrading to the 315 on the steers

I had the Michelin XZA2 Energy 315 80 22.5 and dynabeads and tyron bands installed on Saturday. I drove home and returned today to the tire shop. It seems that Left turns cause the 315 to rub against the round base of the mounting bracket of the right front air bag. The left tire is a good 6 inches from the air bag mount and there is no issue.

Therefore, I paid to have the 3.5 yr old (7000 mile) GY 295 80 22.5 put back on until this can be figured out. I did include the tyrons and beads in the reinstall of the GYs
Have any of you heard of this complication previously on an 08 Dynasty?

On a side note we looked at the actual clearance to the air bag round base for the stock GY670s it is only about 0.5inch. We believe that 0.5inch could potentially be inadequate for any type of frame and tire movement. So I think that even if we can't move the bag mount forward adequately to accommodate the 315s; we should probably move it at least 0.5 - 1 inch just to appropriately accommodate the GYs
I have aslo posted this same question on another forum not associated with IRV2 and I am simply seeking the widest number of responses. I appologize for any inconvenience for those who have may have read this on the other forum.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

jsabatinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #2

How tight of a left turn do you have to make before it rubs. I believe there are adjustable stops that can be adjusted so the tire doesn't hit if it only happens at maximum turn.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mike,

I will check when I return home on Friday. However, I think it is just a moderate turn.

I will let you know.
jsabatinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #4

Did you go to 9.25" Rims when you went to 315's? I am looking to do the same to our 09.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #5

I didn't change rims when I switched on the front of my 2004 Sig.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #6

Mike.....Would going to the wider Rim possibly give more clearance? My I idea was to go to 9.25 on the steer and replace the two inside dual steel rims with the alum. ones off the front. I checked Goodyear and Michelin for rim size and both recommended the 9.25 although they said the ones on there would be okay....I believe they are 8.75.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #7

I was hoping to hear back from the Jsabatinos as to exactly where the tire was rubbing and if it was during a partial turn or a full turning of the front wheels. On my 315's the tire was an extra one inch in diameter so it was only an extra 1/2 radius increase and goes not hit anywhere so I wonder what Roadmaster changed on the chassis in later years.

I understand your thoughts on the increase in rim size but that would depend on where the tire was rubbing.