Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2014, 07:13 AM   #1

Dash AC not cold

Left DE yesterday to head south to Florida; a little hot to say the least. The dash AC just not putting out a cold air; it's a little past lukewarm but not enough to keep us comfortable. I've read some posts, but honestly don't know what to look at.Vero Beach/Sebastian for a few days. then over to Fort Myers on the 23rd. anyone have any recommendations as to where to get this serviced?
appreciate the help!
BikerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Have you tried "rvservicereviews.com"? A good A/C service shop will also do. The a/c system is not unique to the MH, same parts etc as on a car or truck. Just longer hoses and more refrigerant.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Agreed. Anybody that can work on a car A/C can work on your coach, it'll just use more refrigerant than a car system. (Last year mine was blowing cool, not cold, and my usual car mechanic worked on it -- needed three cylinders of refrigerant, where a top-off of a car usually doesn't need more than one.)

The only problem they may have is finding the service points. Your Windsor is probably similar to my rig: open the generator slide, and look up toward where the passenger's feet would be. The dryer and necessary service valves should be right there, as well as the rating plate giving all of the parameters of the system.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #4

thanks guys, will check the rvservicereviews for fort myers. going there tomorrow for a week.
BikerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Go to the parts store and buy a bottle or recharge coolant. Easy to do and works....at least it did for me.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
YC1

You may have a blown fuse for the condenser fan. My rv has a compartment on the side that takes a weird skate key to open. When open the condenser and fan are on another swing out. If you can find your fan, see if it is spinning with the ac on. Low refrigerant or a blown fuse can cause it to not spin on my unit.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:36 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
If you are near Titusville FL, while at Sebastian, call Eagle's Pride RV service. They are located inside the grounds of The Great Outdoors. TGO is a massive RV/retirement area along I95 about 30 mi north of Cocoa Beach, FL. The owner, Mike, is an RV-er and a great guy. They serviced my AC on my brand new Entegra. You can camp on site if needed.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #8

Modern Auto Air of Ft. Myers, 15120 S Tamiami Trail, Ft Myers, FL 33908
Phone:(239) 433-3757

Highly recommended. It is a small shop but he works on Diesel Motorhomes. His shop is a tight squeeze but he will bring the coach in if you don't mind him driving it.
thirdwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #9

I'm going tomorrow to have ac charged but they asked for the capacity of freon. I don't see it by the gen. Anyone know the answer or where I can find it?
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
I'm going tomorrow to have ac charged but they asked for the capacity of freon. I don't see it by the gen. Anyone know the answer or where I can find it?

My safari panther 42 ft takes 4lbs of freon. Call Monaco and they can tell you or look in the owners manual.
Steve
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Our Imperial takes 4 lbs. You might try calling 877-466-6226 and ask them. I would be willing to bet a cool one that yours will also take 4 lbs since they are close to being the same.
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltoneMagoo View Post
Our Imperial takes 4 lbs. You might try calling 877-466-6226 and ask them. I would be willing to bet a cool one that yours will also take 4 lbs since they are close to being the same.
Service center called and said 3.5 lbs max 4. Unfortunately it didn't make the compressor work so it would take a while to trace the problem. I'm not going to go out of my way to get it fixed. We use the gen anyway while rolling.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #13
YC1

Rusty,

You may have a blown fuse for the condenser fan. My rv has a compartment on the side that takes a weird skate key to open. Located along the drivers side near the back. When open the condenser and fan are on another swing out. If you can find your fan, see if it is spinning with the ac on. Low refrigerant or a blown fuse can cause it to not spin on my unit.

If the fan is not running it will not cool well. The fuse is in the small box below the large one in the front run bay below the driver. I too have an Endeavor.

The control path is from the dash control, through a thermostat mounted on the housing that you can see if you pull the generator out and look inside, up, and to the left. It has a tube that goes inside the vehicle to sense the temps. It is a simple on/off switch. From there it goes to a pressure switch near the place you filled the AC. It too is a simple on/off switch. You can measure voltage on each side of each switch and if you find the voltage or ground is not on both sides of the control device you can short it out for a test. I would need to look at my schematics but I think they actually control the ground path versus sending voltage to the small relay that controls the power for the AC fan. Not the dash fan, the condenser fan.

Hope this is not too confusing. My Endeavor is a 2008 so should not be a huge difference.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #14

Myron, thanks. I'll keep your info until I can work on it.

Do all these control the compressor to run?

Tags
dash