Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Failed vertical frame 3" X 3" posts 2005 Signature

I'm looking for some pictures of how the 3" X 3" post was repaired and what size of gusset was added on the 2008 newer Executive and Signature to reinforce the tube.
If anyone with a coach that had this support or was repaired, I would appreciate a picture, as I'm going to have mine repaired on Wednesday.

Yes I did ask for a picture on a earlier post, but did not get any, you can pm me that would be great if you do not want to post it on here,

C&SL
05 Sig.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #2

I saw the same post and followed it also. They posted the damage but never the finish product?? Go Figure????
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:40 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Yes I figured I would try it on the roadmaster side form, to see if I would get a picture of it. I’m getting mine repaired tomorrow. See what happens. The way I understand it the 2008 and up of the brace already installed from the factory and was hoping I could get a picture of one of them. O well.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #4

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/crac...be-353711.html

Found the original post maybe you can get it from one of them. Can you take some before and after pics of your application. I would like to see them my buddy has a Monaco RR10R chassis
Old 09-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
That was original post I started but I got nothing back from anybody
Old 09-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #6

By Golly You Did, Didn't You. Sorry I missed that. Can you still post pics and tell details. Make sure all your electronic ECM's are disconnected before the welding begins.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Lol yup will do.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Does someone have directions for disconnecting the Cummins and Allison ECM? I assume you disconnect both the +12 and the ground?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
All I did was pulled fuses & shut off power switches from my solar & all batteries. I did not disconnect anything else.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:07 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Found this from Monaco:

Due to the sensitive nature of the electronics on the chassis, the
following precautions are required to protect electrical components
in the motorhome chassis.

1. Disconnect the (+) positive and (-) negative battery connection, and any electronic control ground wires connected to the frame or chassis.

2. Cover electronic control components and wiring to protect from hot sparks.

3. Disconnect the terminal plugs from the engine Electronic Control Unit located on the passenger side of the engine block.

4. Disconnect all the plugs from the Allison Electronic Control Module and the Vehicle Interface Module (VIM), located in the storage bay between the frame rails.

5. Disconnect the wiring from the alternator.

6. Do not connect welding cables to electronic control components.

7. Attach the welding ground cable no more than two feet from the part to be welded.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&SL View Post
I'm looking for some pictures of how the 3" X 3" post was repaired and what size of gusset was added on the 2008 newer Executive and Signature to reinforce the tube.
If anyone with a coach that had this support or was repaired, I would appreciate a picture, as I'm going to have mine repaired on Wednesday.

Yes I did ask for a picture on a earlier post, but did not get any, you can pm me that would be great if you do not want to post it on here,

C&SL
05 Sig.
Well I have been waiting patiently and have run out of Popcorn. C&SL where are the pics of the fix and how did it work out????

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
Old 10-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Well I have been waiting patiently and have run out of Popcorn. C&SL where are the pics of the fix and how did it work out????

Did not take any picture yet. Where we are parked the back of the coach is lowed down & I cannot get under it to get some.
When we get to the next place I will take some.
As far as having the work done, it worked out great. Both sides reinforced & the cracked ones ground out & welded.
Then they painted both side.
It was great to have a fellow firefighter that owners his own truck frame shop to do the repairs back home. He was more than fair to me on the price!

C&SL
05 Sig.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:12 PM   #13

Failed vertical frame 3" X 3" posts 2005 Signature

This can help in seeing it, is about Roadmaster thrust alignment and the process to weld, etc

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Wow! Mike is my hero. I didn't realize he did all that just to move the drive axle 1/8".
There is some good footage of the rear frame vertical gusset.

Tags
frame, led