Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2018, 02:04 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
As suggested here, cleaned the tag on the axle, took numbers to a local truck parts shop.
DjDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2019, 09:41 PM   #16

OK, recognizing that this thread is 8 months old, I'll just add this information for other folks who might be surfing thru reading about a problem that just came up for them.

Beaver/Monaco puts a list of major components, manufacturers, model numbers and serial numbers somewhere in the MH. Mine was in the bedroom closet. I made several copies so I always have one handy.

For this topic, Kingpins I look at my build sheet and find I have a Dana model E-1462W front axle. My serial number is also there but replacement kingpins aren't specific to a serial number on mine. A Google search takes me to Dana Spicer exploded parts list. Page 6 gives me the option of Pre-sized Garlock kingpin service kit #328349 or I can get bronze bushings #328347. The search took less than 4 minutes to find an exploded view and part numbers for every piece.

Now with only 55,000 miles on my rig I'm not contemplating replacing mine. I also grease my kingpins the old fashioned way, turning the wheels to lock one direction, and greasing, then turning back to the other lock and greasing again. This puts grease in all the little nooks and crannies. If you rely on someone else to grease your rig I'll bet they don't spend the time to do this. On my rig there is also a drag link fitting that can't be greased without turning the wheels. At the Speedco shop they didn't grease that fitting either. Since I was standing right there, I know they didn't bother to turn the wheels.

Grease your rig often. When I was 21 (a thousand years ago) I drove a log truck that the owner insisted got grease in every fitting weekly. Front end, drive shaft joints, brake cams etc. If you do your own maintenance why not give it grease every few thousand miles at the most? Save those expensive parts from wear.

Oh, and take extra rags and wipe off the grease that comes out of whatever part you're greasing. There is no reason to leave it on the part to collect dirt and grime. Wipe it off and keep it new looking.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote