Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2022, 06:37 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Radiator Leak Roadmaster 2001-2002

Got a leak in my radiator, 2001-02 Holiday Rambler 38PST Roadmaster chassis. It cools a Cummins 330 ISC 8.3L. This radiator is of course rear mounted with CAC and Trans cooler bolted to it. Looks like a fun knuckle breaker job wrenching it out.

So Iím trying to learn more about what I got to do to fix this leak. I had a mechanic take pics of the leak and it comes from the top drivers side of the radiator.

It looks like a full aluminum radiator but I don;t know if they still used brass or copper in the cores.

I did a rough measurement of it outside dimensions 43x24x5Ē so Im wondering if it has 3 or 4 cores or maybe just 2? Anybody got any info on this ?

I would love to find a parts place that i could get replacement bolts, rubber bushings, and hoses from as well. Anybody got an idea where to look?

I would really like to know if I can replace this with another one thatís the same or a solution to update it. Im thinking some kind of bracket might be needed if I cant find the same thing or fix the original one. So Im trying to think proactively about it but this seems like a long way around to a fix.

If anyone has had experience with this feel free to share I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for any input.
Rich

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2022, 12:51 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2002 Windsor with a side radiator, so can't be much help on your situation

But I did a quick search and found this thread, https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/fyi...rs-505125.html
If you do a search you can find other posts on Monaco rear radiator cleaning and change.

As to the radiator stack. If you have time you might be able source a replacement. Chances are there is a sticker on it that has the radiator number. Radiator Supply House out west made a lot of radiators for Monaco, the sticker may be from them but it will have a number on it. You can use that number to do a search. https://radiatorsupplyhouse.com/page...-page?q=monaco

You can also look at https://revrvparts.com/rev-recreation-group using the number on the radiator but it will be pricey, double what it should cost.

You might take it to a local radiator shop and they might be able to repair/replace. Also have them check you CAC.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:37 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandSailors View Post
Got a leak in my radiator, 2001-02 Holiday Rambler 38PST Roadmaster chassis. It cools a Cummins 330 ISC 8.3L. This radiator is of course rear mounted with CAC and Trans cooler bolted to it. Looks like a fun knuckle breaker job wrenching it out.

So Iím trying to learn more about what I got to do to fix this leak. I had a mechanic take pics of the leak and it comes from the top drivers side of the radiator.

It looks like a full aluminum radiator but I don;t know if they still used brass or copper in the cores.

I did a rough measurement of it outside dimensions 43x24x5Ē so Im wondering if it has 3 or 4 cores or maybe just 2? Anybody got any info on this ?

I would love to find a parts place that i could get replacement bolts, rubber bushings, and hoses from as well. Anybody got an idea where to look?

I would really like to know if I can replace this with another one thatís the same or a solution to update it. Im thinking some kind of bracket might be needed if I cant find the same thing or fix the original one. So Im trying to think proactively about it but this seems like a long way around to a fix.

If anyone has had experience with this feel free to share I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for any input.

Rich

Sent you a PM as I did a radiator on a 99 diplomat.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 12:19 PM   #4

Radiator Supply house has most Monaco drawings and can build you a new radiator with a copper core and steel bolt on tanks. bullet proof and repairable if ever necessary. They can also build a new CAC in alum if you need one, have yours tested while its out. The rubber bushings are available from Grainger and hoses will just have to be matched up at a NAPA store. My CAC was mounted on top of rad and trans cooler in front. Its a big job but doable by a person of good mechanical ability. While you have it out, belts, check idler, inspect CAC hoses , change thermostat.
GOOD LUCK
TANDD
TANDD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roadmaster, radiator