Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #1

Sailun Tires

2004 HR Ambassador 38PDQ. New to me Oct 2017. Previous owner had experienced a blowout [inner curbside dual] in 2016. They installed 6 Sailun S637 275/70R22.5 tires. I've put 2,000 mi on the tires with 95psi on the drives and 100 in the steers. I used a Goodyear inflation chart and 4 corner weights. I also installed Balance Masters on all wheels. The ride was quiet, smooth, and I have no complaints.
My problem is that I can find very little info on these tires. I find a number of user posts about installations on RV trailers and 5ers but nothing on Class A's.

Can anyone point me to applicable inflation charts?

The only DOT numbers I can find on the tires is 5379 which returns an error code for incomplete numbers. Has anyone experienced any recalls or other problems with Sailun tires?
tomclayton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some manufacturers may not publish load/inflation charts. There is no requirement to do so and the truckers just run them at the minimum pressure on the sidewall as that supports the maximum load on the tire.
Truckers don't bother with fide qualoty, they want best fuel mileage and weight carrying capacity.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Just google Sailun Truck tires and you will get some info.
I had a set of Sailun Tires on my gravel truck and I was skeptical at first. They were good tires for traction, ride, and I got good wear from them.
The next set the company put on were Bridgestone. They were good as well but I have to say the Sailun's were just as good and alot cheaper.
I would not be afraid of running them on a coach.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomclayton View Post
The only DOT numbers I can find on the tires is 5379 which returns an error code for incomplete numbers.
I have to replace 6 supposedly 2 y/o Chinese Hercules H-209 275/70R/22.5 tires due to a 1/2 inch deep crack in my left steer tire. I inspected all the tire sidewalls that were visible without getting under the coach. All I could find was "DOT 5379" embossed on the sidewalls. A tire dealer explained to me that the #57 denotes what plant produced the tire(Sailun in Shandong China) and #79 identifies the size of the tire in a code useful only to the manufacturer. Letters can replace some of the numbers.

Apparently, all my tires were mounted with the sidewall with the DOT date code on it on the inside of the wheel.

2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires