Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #29

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
iRV2 Forums - Disabled RVers
try this link
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #30

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The tagged threads are great, as the original post may not have intended to be applicable to handicapped issues, but segued into being applicable.

I would like to see that continue when (if?) threaded topics become available and this becomes a true forum.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarcia
The tagged threads are great, as the original post may not have intended to be applicable to handicapped issues, but segued into being applicable.

I would like to see that continue when (if?) threaded topics become available and this becomes a true forum.
I'm afraid Pinocchio will not become a real boy any time soon. But at least we have this group. As I and others have pointed out - you can't even get to a "group" on the iPhone app. Every once in a while I take a look on the laptop. And that's ok. It isn't a perfect world.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:42 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearguy View Post
We are so new at the RVing and hope to learn more about the things that can be done.
My wife and I travel with our 30 year old disabled son. We are both getting to the age that getting him in and out of the coach is difficult. It would sure be nice to figure out someway to get him in and out easier. I have looked into lifts but I'm not sure they can be adapted to our RV. I guess if you throw enough money at things anything can be done but that isn't in the cards at this tim.
I think having a group on IRV2 will be a real asset.
Regards
Stephen S.
Here's an item called the Burr Handy Lift:
Last October I purchased a Thor ACE 29.2 from a motorhome dealer in Connecticut. My wife and I are “Snowbirds” as we have a home in Higganum, CT and a place in an RV Resort in Titusville, Florida. After purchasing the motorhome, I put it in a storage facility in Higganum, CT as I plan to have a remote-conrolled Burr Handy Lift that I also purchased, installed on the motorhome in the Spring. In asking the motorhome dealer about installing the lift they say they do not. The Burr Handy Lift is simply a very long trailer jack mounted to the left of the RV door and has a platform that raises a standing person up so that the person does not have to climb the RV stairs (another platform is built over the stairs). The Handy Lift platform swings out ot the way and attaches to the side of the RV while traveling. My wife has difficulty climbing stairs and installing this Burr Handy Lift will let her continue to be an RV’er. We didn’t travel to Florida this year because of this. I want to have her first experience traveling to be easy, and have the lift installed before leaving for Florida.
I thought of maybe a Connecticut company that modified vans for disabilities or an actual RVdisablility modification company would install my Burr Handy Lift.......but would my already having the lift cause them to say no? I'm hoping that someone in this forum would know the name and address of one or more Connecticut companies that would install my Burr Handy Lift on my ACE motorhome for me in the Spring. Thanks!
David Johnson (& Rae)
Higganum, CT
JhnsnDavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, chair lift, disability, disabled, handicapped, no limits, wheelchair