Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Retired 1998 from Minnesota Sheriff's Department. Live in NE Minnesota but plan on 4-6 months in Florida. Will be in Ft Myers/Pine island area January to April 2015
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2014, 05:18 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Never a police officer... But for 25 years I got paid to tell 'em where to go and for 12 years since (retired) I still get paid for telling 'em where to go, And more years coming.

Retired Michigan State Police Dispatcher (2nd District Regional Dispatch and before that Detroit Freeway Patrol) you want to work. that's the desk to work.
You guys are unsung heros. I love when the news shows how a professional Dispatcher talked someone through a crisis or help calm someone in a traumatic situation. Lots of respect and thanks for your service.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:20 AM   #31

As I menetioned above, I retired in 2012 but jumped in the race for city marshal 2 months ago and election day is nov 4. That's one reason I haven't been active here for a while. Just can't get enough.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:03 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I hope all of you retired law enforcement officers are aware that you can apply for a LEOSA (Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act Certification) concealed deadly weapons license. It is a concealed permit recognized coast to coast in all jurisdictions. I think it is better than a regular state concealed permit because you must be a retired law enforcement officer to qualify. Some red tape to apply but not bad if you can get a letter from your Department that you retired and you can pass a really easy range test. Best of all it is no cost, no class room sessions, no written test, but must be renewed annually. If interested try to Google LEOSA for your state. In my case, Kentucky State Police administers the program but your state may have a different setup. Hope this helps.
Parkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:26 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post
We will be full time April 30th, however I have been retired from law enforcement for 3 years. Looking forward to life on the road. How does everyone handle carrying your weapons?

Tom
Hi Tom, as a retired peace officer you are legal in all states under federal law. CCW and up to date qualify of course. Or did you mean literally " how do we handle our weapons"? I'm a two hander, belt buckle position, instinct point and shoot. No wasted movement

Three yrs Army Military Police, 25 yrs calif CDCR

OH YEAh...we can't talk about gun on here. Someone will be offended
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #34

Bd2
Retired Army 24 years and retired Sheriff Department in Calif. Retired in Dec 2013. love riding my CVO Dyna and my wife's Roadking.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:45 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Getting back to work after 6 month lay off following an on duty collision on my motorcycle. Couple more years to go till retirement
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
new to this forum

Hey out there fellow leo's,
I just found this thread and wanted to get in here. Retired in 2013 after 31 yrs in le and 4 yrs in federal security with ICE and Homeland Security. Tough last four yrs. Talk about politics!!!
Anyway. beautiful wife and I have a small farm in ne tn. and grow alittle of everything. Small fruit orchard of apples, peaches, pears, walnuts, etc. You get the idea!
We have a 31ft fleetwood tioga, 1997 and love it. Alot of trips to FL, SC NC and around tn. Getting ready to head to Tx to see Children and grandson. He's in the Navy. Stationed there for now. Would be great to hear from any retired LEO's out there and any in this area. Happy trippen! Later!
farmerick4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #37

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thank you all for your service.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:36 PM   #38
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
OH YEAh...we can't talk about gun on here. Someone will be offended
More to the point of it's against the Community Rules in most instances.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:29 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Not an L E O but I did tell 'em where to go for many years.

Or in other words, Retired Michigan State Police Dispatcher, 2nd district regional dispatch, Detroit, MI.
Love your comment. Best pcos were the ones with a sense of humor.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Someone had to keep us straight....
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:46 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkers View Post
Retired in 2002 from Corrections with 30 years. 12 years as Warden of a Max security prison. Currently the "elected" Jailer in a county lock up until term is up in January. Plan to be a "snow bird". DW retired from corrections with 22 years.
Not retired yet but 19 years with the State of Colorado- DOC... Can retire in 4 years but looking at doing another 7-10.... Looking for a small TT.... And pre-planning - dont just want to sit home when I retire.
bigjoey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:40 AM   #42

Hey Brothers,
I retired with 27 years on in Maryland 15 months ago. Sold the house and have been full time in the fleetwood bounder since, running laps around the country until we can decide where we want to live. I'm currently up in Alaska for the summer, then back to the DC area by fall and Flordia after that. I seem to run into a lot of LEO'S camping. Anyway, always up for a meet up with a brother/ sister on the road for a beer or a BS session. If any of you guys post where you camping and I'm near by I'll reach out...
narcdawg is offline   Reply With Quote