Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:21 AM   #113

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Welcome brother.
RMatusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2019, 04:12 PM   #114

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorob View Post
Been a long time lurker on this site and just discovered this post. Retired LE since 2016 after 26 years with an agency in Texas. Traveled out west this last year and many times I had wondered if there were other retired LE near me. What a great idea on a group! I have searched to see if anyone has started a group and couldn’t find any. I just started one called RETIRED LE RV Group on Facebook. If you can’t find it and interested, shoot me a pm with your Facebook handle and I will send you an invite. Thanks,
Robert
Sending you a PM
Adam1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:19 PM   #115

Sending a PM

sending now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorob View Post
Been a long time lurker on this site and just discovered this post. Retired LE since 2016 after 26 years with an agency in Texas. Traveled out west this last year and many times I had wondered if there were other retired LE near me. What a great idea on a group! I have searched to see if anyone has started a group and couldn’t find any. I just started one called RETIRED LE RV Group on Facebook. If you can’t find it and interested, shoot me a pm with your Facebook handle and I will send you an invite. Thanks,
Robert
katielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:59 PM   #116

Is RETIRED LE RV Group for real? It should show up on a search and it doesn't. Perhaps jorob is a one post wonder?
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:18 AM   #117

Life after L.E.

Spent a year working in Barry Co. MI for one of the townships. I then spent 10 years working at Tyler, TX PD. After that, I returned to MI where I worked for Lansing PD for 25. 7 years on motors (also an instructor) 16 years in CSI and the rest in Patrol. Retired last June. So far not missing the phone calls in the middle of the night or the 30-40+ hour days in CSI.

We bought our motor home with the intention of remodeling and updating it before hitting the road. It also had some water damage on the passenger side which I began to address this past week....as in complete gut of the passenger wall and everything attached to it. Not a surprise....knew of the damage before the purchase.

Glad to see so many that made it thru an honorable career.
KellynDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:59 AM   #118

Entegra Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Welcome to other side!! You will love it. Hope your still a motorman at heart. Stay safe.
JohnArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:38 AM   #119

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome. I thought this thread was dead since the last post was over two years ago. Enjoy retirement, it is the best job I have ever had. When you get on the road you will be surprised how many blue line flags you will see in campgrounds and friends you didn't know you had.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:06 PM   #120

Smile Retired once but still work and RVing

Retired from Louisville METRO police in 2011 with 24.5 years. Then went to work part-time at the world famous Graymoor-Devondale Police Department. had a sweet schedule, seven days on seven off. Went camping at least one week per month. But switched to 12 hour shifts, so went full time. Hey I work two less days per month and only one Saturday plus make more $. I still get one seven day off stretch to go camping. Going to fully retire when I het 62 God willing.

P.S. Sold my Harley to help reach 62. Too many close calls.

2019 Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305ML6 Fifth Wheel
2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
Packratky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:18 PM   #121

Jayco Owners Club
I am not a retired LEO, however I did want to thank all of you who are along with those not yet retired. There is a lot of support for NOT defunding any of our LEO's but our words are seldom heard. (also double thanks for those who are retired LEO's and retired military.) ~Craig
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:35 PM   #122

KZ RV Club
Just saw this come up, deputy 25 years WA state, two years motors, Deputy - Chief Criminal Deputy when I retired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gates To Hell.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	327719  
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #123

I retired last June after a 35 year career, with the last 32 spent with the LAPD. 25 years on motors, and after the last on duty motor accident in 2010 (nine total) broke the c-5 vertebra in my neck, I was fortunate after having neck surgery to return to work where I was loaned to a detective unit to work the last 10. Nothing like being a Big City Motor Cop, but the body is sure paying for it now . (My username, Tinman, was my nickname at work due to the metal inserted in various parts of my body). Always loved motorcycles, and still have a Harley Ultra-Classic that sits in the garage as I'm no longer able to ride due to the on-duty injuries. So instead, I purchased our coach which we love. Wife and I along with our two bulldogs hope to meet some of you on the road sometime.

2006 37' Allure Sunset Bay #31442
tinman 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:31 PM   #124

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I just retired June 1st of this year after a 26+ year career as a Police Officer/Sergeant here in Washington.
I had originally planned to do 30 years but due to many reasons, I decided that it was time.
I don’t miss a large part of the job but I do miss being part of the team...
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:35 PM   #125

Newmar Owners Club
I sure hope I see some of you retired LEO’s on the road. I retired after 28 years. Fortunately in my state (Mississippi or confusion, I forget) our retirement system allows up to 4 years active duty military to count toward your service years. With that plus unused leave and sick I ended up with 33.5.
I’d love to share war stories with y’all sometime.
I worked patrol, criminal investigations, CSI and SWAT. Good times.
My wife also retired as 911 dispatcher.

I pray for the poor guys still on the job all the time. They sure have it rough.
Chief Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:58 AM   #126

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman 55 View Post
I retired last June after a 35 year career, with the last 32 spent with the LAPD. 25 years on motors, and after the last on duty motor accident in 2010 (nine total) broke the c-5 vertebra in my neck, I was fortunate after having neck surgery to return to work where I was loaned to a detective unit to work the last 10. Nothing like being a Big City Motor Cop, but the body is sure paying for it now . (My username, Tinman, was my nickname at work due to the metal inserted in various parts of my body). Always loved motorcycles, and still have a Harley Ultra-Classic that sits in the garage as I'm no longer able to ride due to the on-duty injuries. So instead, I purchased our coach which we love. Wife and I along with our two bulldogs hope to meet some of you on the road sometime.
My dad retired from LAPD with 30 years on the job. He worked patrol and motor division for 8 years and air support pilot for 22 years. He retired in 1993. I also had uncles (2 of my dads brothers) retire from Torrance PD and Santa Anna PD. My first cousin retired from LA Co. Sheriff Department. I guess we kept it in the family.
Here is my dads shadow box. COVID claimed him this past December.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D719FDE7-5B42-46AD-8213-3B811E077910.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	332448  
Chief Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote