Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2017, 06:35 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfs1943 View Post
Lots of fiction writers on the forum. They usually show up when questions are asked about gas mileage.
LOL, How true!,

In keeping with the topic, I'm reading a series of books written by a gentleman by the name of Nick Russell. His bio states he's a full timer RV'er. He has also written books on the RV experience. His Big Lake books are a must read.

Wonder if he's a member here?
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2017, 09:26 AM   #44

Nick's a great guy. He has quite a few books out in the Big Lake series. He also writes a travel blog about his life on the road called the Gypsy Journal. I'll have to check and see if he's in IRV2.
tominvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #45

Yes, I'm a member here. Thanks for your kind words Afubar and Tom. The 11th book in my Big Lake mystery series was released December 31. I have 26 books out now, 15 novels and 10 RV/travel books. I also publish the Gypsy Journal RV newspaper and a daily blog.

Gypsy Journal Newspaper
Nick Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Russell View Post
Yes, I'm a member here. Thanks for your kind words Afubar and Tom. The 11th book in my Big Lake mystery series was released December 31. I have 26 books out now, 15 novels and 10 RV/travel books. I also publish the Gypsy Journal RV newspaper and a daily blog.
You're quite welcome, just finished your Big Lake Celebration, it was about time that slime bucket got his. LOL Just one small request, could you please write faster. I can hardly wait to see what your characters get into next.

Kaye
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #47

I'll see what I can do. I'm working on the next book in my new John Lee Quarrels series now, and as soon as it's done it's back to Big Lake.

Gypsy Journal Newspaper
Nick Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #48

I have 27,000 words of my first book written. I figure about 100K for the complete story. It is teenage fiction. The main characters are 11 and 13 year old siblings.
Steelhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #49

That's great! Do you plan to self publish or are you seeking a traditional publisher?
Old 01-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #50
DTS

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider1046 View Post
First draft done. Message sent.
Do the rest of us get to take a peek at it?

I've been following this thread with interest. I've done quite a bit of technical writing over the years, but just a tiny bit of fiction (unpublished--just for fun). But I've always wanted to jump deeper into writing fiction and have had several story ideas bouncing around inside my head for quite a while.

I read a lot of books, and for the last few years almost exclusively e-books (iBooks or Kindle app on my iPad). I would love to read some of the books some of you who have posted in this thread have written. I doubt it would be against the rules for you guys to post links here for your books on Amazon or iBooks?
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #51

Last month I started writing a weekly community column in our local paper. My fourth one comes out tomorrow. It doesn't pay much, but is fun to do.
Steelhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhawk View Post
Last month I started writing a weekly community column in our local paper. My fourth one comes out tomorrow. It doesn't pay much, but is fun to do.
Very cool... Have fun with it!
Old 03-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #53

I'm working on my next book and included a Bounder and an Airstream scene in the desert.... Fun.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:56 AM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Poster's on this thread are advised to review the IRV2 policy concerning selling. It can be found at: http://www.irv2.com/forums/misc.php?...page=rulesIRV2 Community Rules page." Specifically the section concerning selling: "No Spam, Sales or Solicitations
Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
Participants may not post affiliate links or direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have an owner/operator interest unless a commercial account has been established......"
While this is an interesting thread it is in danger of being shut down due to the numerous references to personal items for sale.

Thanks for understanding!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #55
DTS

Country Coach Owners Club
I guess I'm the one who got everyone in trouble, asking for links to the books IRV2 members have published. My apologies, I had misinterpreted the rules :(
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
I guess I'm the one who got everyone in trouble, asking for links to the books IRV2 members have published. My apologies, I had misinterpreted the rules :(
It's a funny line. Links to what, where and why to buy (or not buy) things are passed around all the time. I guess it depends on where the money goes. If it goes to you - it's not allowed. Although no one can be forced to buy anything online, and most of us take steps to avoid advertising on this forum.

A PM is the probably the best way to comply with the rules and share the info.

So back to topic - I need a good wireless keyboard to accompany my Samsung Tab 2 (I believe - 2014 edition). I don't want to pullout the laptop. Proficient thumb typer on S5 but tiresome for writing. The "keyboard" on the Tablet is entirely the wrong size - but the screen size is fine.

So writers - Underwood - Selectric - desktop - tablet - ??? Wireless keyboard for Samsung or other tablet?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote