Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2021, 03:16 PM   #1

Grand Design Owners Club
Cool Guitar Playin'

We have been on the road now for 6 months. When we started out, the toughest decision I had to make was which guitar(s) to bring and which to leave behind. All my electrics, sadly, did not get to come along. I had to eventually settle for 2 Martins. (D1-R and a 00-15) (Sigh...)
Livin with the blues now and lovin it. Nothing like playing in the evenings and enjoying the RV life.

I got the key to the highway.

What say you?
Maxxcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #2

Yes, that was a challenge for me also. Last season I only took one but didn’t play very often. I’m thinking I need to buy a stand so it’s always available. But….even with upgrading to a 45 footer we still don’t have room for more than one. Sad….
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:22 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I hear you. Last winter, planning on 5 months in Southern AZ, I decided to leave the Martin HD28V at home and take the Taylor 12 string. I kept it in the case when I wasn't playing it, just to make sure no accidents took place. Case stayed in the bedroom during the day, in the living room/salon during the night. It's kind of big and bulky. Still haven't landed on a good solution for that. I did consider buying an autoharp for traveling and leave the guitars at home but man, not for a whole winter...
2007 Country Coach Tribute; Cat C9 400; 2012 Ford Edge toad; Roadmaster Blackhawk 2 10,000 lb tow bar; Demco AF1 Braking System; 2007 BMW K1200LT Hannigan Trike Conversion; Member, IEEE, NFPA, PMI, NRC SRO (Ret).
Talloaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:57 AM   #4

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talloaks View Post
I hear you. Last winter, planning on 5 months in Southern AZ, I decided to leave the Martin HD28V at home and take the Taylor 12 string. I kept it in the case when I wasn't playing it, just to make sure no accidents took place. Case stayed in the bedroom during the day, in the living room/salon during the night. It's kind of big and bulky. Still haven't landed on a good solution for that. I did consider buying an autoharp for traveling and leave the guitars at home but man, not for a whole winter...
I have a 000-28 and 12'r that I couldn't bring with. I miss them but being limited on space creates a set of challenges. My 614 CE builders Ed. stayed home too.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:33 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I travel with a PRS S2 Standard 24 and I found a solution to the space problem. It isn’t cheap but it works really, really well. It’s a Boss Waza-Air Wireless headphone system. It has pretty much all the amp models that the Boss Katana full-sized amps have plus a cool spacial modeling feature. If you activate it, you can place your amp anywhere from in front of you to behind you and as you turn your head the amp position stays the say. It’s unfortunately $400+. Here’s a link. Check it out. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-headphone-amp
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:07 PM   #6

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2 View Post
I travel with a PRS S2 Standard 24 and I found a solution to the space problem. It isn’t cheap but it works really, really well. It’s a Boss Waza-Air Wireless headphone system. It has pretty much all the amp models that the Boss Katana full-sized amps have plus a cool spacial modeling feature. If you activate it, you can place your amp anywhere from in front of you to behind you and as you turn your head the amp position stays the say. It’s unfortunately $400+. Here’s a link. Check it out. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-headphone-amp
Nice setup.. (Just put on my Sweetwater t-shirt!) I just have acoustics with me now. But, at home I have a Spider amp. Hundreds of different modeling FXs...
I guess the bottom line is... Keep playing till the end!

Thanks for the response.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #7

I've never learned an instrument, but I have really enjoyed the few times I've been lucky enough to hear someone playing an acoustic guitar in a campground.

One of these days I'd like to encounter someone playing a dobro in a CG. I like the way they sound, too.

19' ETI Escape trailer
Rexlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxcamping View Post
We have been on the road now for 6 months. When we started out, the toughest decision I had to make was which guitar(s) to bring and which to leave behind. All my electrics, sadly, did not get to come along. I had to eventually settle for 2 Martins. (D1-R and a 00-15) (Sigh...)
Livin with the blues now and lovin it. Nothing like playing in the evenings and enjoying the RV life.

What say you?
I say we missed you in Winfield last week! www.wvfest.com

I've been there, on and off, since their 4th year. Very RV and tent camp friendly, lots of campground picking and jams with friendly people. About half of the attendees bring instruments so lots of playing opportunities. Also the concert and workshop stages are worth your time, too, but you'll be forgiven if you spend time playing your guitars with others.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:18 AM   #9

Who leaves town without their guitar?
Old 09-27-2021, 09:01 AM   #10

Grand Design Owners Club
Indeed!
Old 09-27-2021, 09:02 AM   #11

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
I say we missed you in Winfield last week! www.wvfest.com

I've been there, on and off, since their 4th year. Very RV and tent camp friendly, lots of campground picking and jams with friendly people. About half of the attendees bring instruments so lots of playing opportunities. Also the concert and workshop stages are worth your time, too, but you'll be forgiven if you spend time playing your guitars with others.
Well. That sucks. I didnt even know about this.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:54 PM   #12

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexlion View Post
I've never learned an instrument, but I have really enjoyed the few times I've been lucky enough to hear someone playing an acoustic guitar in a campground.

One of these days I'd like to encounter someone playing a dobro in a CG. I like the way they sound, too.
Yes indeed. Love those resonators...
Old 10-28-2021, 11:23 AM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxcamping View Post

What say you?

My full timers system: I keep a Traveler Escape Mark III acoustic/electric hanging behind my chair. Electric bass & MIDI keyboard in the pull out drawer under the futon/couch. The keyboard plugs into my iPad to utilize GarageBand for multiple instruments and recording. I use a small 4 channel mixer to drive headphones or plug into the coach’s stereo! Takes a few minutes to set up and put away when I go with the whole “studio”, but well worth the effort. Now I just wish I could find one of those effort boosters.