Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Is anyone still quilting in the MH

Is anyone still quilting in the MH and if so, where do you store your fabric, sewing machine, etc . or do you handquilt?
I was looking at the hobby forum and noticed that a few did post in the past but no one has posted to this subject lately..
thanks

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #2

I do, however, we are not fulltimers, but go to FL for 3 months, and take various other trips from home in WV. I pack up the machine and sewing gear, but limit myself to a few projects, and just take the fabric for them. Somehow I do manage to hit the quilt shops wherever we are and end up with more fabric......
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
My wife quilts in our motorhome. In the picture you will see some of her storage. She also uses most of the overhead cabinets above her sewing center.

She decided that a love seat that we had under that window could go. So we substituded the sewing/quilting center in it's place.

Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #4

This is great. Thanks for the picture.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Thanks for the replies, I was about to believe this was a lost art in the RV'n group. Of course, we don't have a lot of room but when the passion is there, we seem to improvise
I use the table for the sewing machine and of course lucky enough to have some storage under the benches for containers.
Brigadoon, do you go shopping with your wife ? My husband goes with me and totally surprised me when he came looking for me in JoAnns as he had found some batting on sale that I had missed.. if you sign up for their newsletter by email, you can get coupons to use online or in a store. Sure helps with the cost of good fabric.
Happy quilting, and the Houston International Quilt Festival this year was outstanding.
Helen

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, I go to quilt shops with my wife. She has a book that shows where many of the shops are in each state. Apparently she thinks we need to go to them all.

When we are in campgrounds, she hangs a quilt in the windshield. This attracts other quilters. We have met quite a few people around the country that way. My wife keeps several quilts on board that are rotated to the windshield- this helps minimize sun exposure. If we are in the shade it's not as much of a concern, but if we are in strong sunshine she will even take them down during midday.

We have been to numerous quilt shows around the country. In '09 we went to Paducah for the big show. This year was the second year for a very large show in W. Palm Beach that my wife and her friends enjoyed.

The Houston show is on our radar but we just have not been able to work out the logistics so far.

Another show she would like to attend is the show in Sisters, Oregon, not sure when we will make that one.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote