Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #1

Exclamation Metal detectors anyone?

I,ve not seen any info on the forum about this pursuit of free time.Is there anyone that has or currently fooling around with this and could you give a few pointerts and other info(prices,good ones,places to go that will let you do it).Thanks loads.Have clear driving.Pollie
pollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Hi Pollie,

There was a thread a while back about dectectors. Hope this link helps answer your questions.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f249/meta...ors-86510.html
Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #3

My son did alot of research and bought me a Fisher F-70 from Kellyco I got it for Christmas so I have not got a chance to use it
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #4

Thanks alot.Good info and right on target.Many thanks.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
I run a White and I can say that Kellyco is the best place for info and purchase
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
I keep two in the MH. I have a Minelab Soverign and an Excalibur II. Do a lot of beach hunting and TOT LOTS during my travels.
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #7

I think most end up as "closet queens" used mine a couple of times found nothing got tired of trying and threw it in the closet. Havent touched it in years..A lot end up on ebay or Craigs list..
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollie View Post
I,ve not seen any info on the forum about this pursuit of free time.Is there anyone that has or currently fooling around with this and could you give a few pointerts and other info(prices,good ones,places to go that will let you do it).Thanks loads.Have clear driving.Pollie
I enjoy MD'ing. I use a Minelab E-trac.

Like any hobby, you can spend a little or a lot. A good entry detector will run $150-$250. A great resource is Friendly Metal Detecting Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Good luck with a great hobby.
cpd520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #9

I have a Garrett GTI 2500. I have found several "neat" items. Found a silver Mercury dime and lots of wheat pennies in our yard (early 1900's Brick Victorian). My coolest find was a cannonball on our farm from the French and Indian war. If you have the time, it is great fun, mine has been sitting for two years. The most fun I have had was when a few friends got together and hunted the same area.
Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a White DFX and a Bullseye (pin pointer). We were out a few days ago and found lots of relics along an abandoned railroad bed. Next is searching the Oregon Trail!
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #11

Yes, metal detecting is another of our hobbies while traveling. I do the detecting, digging, cleaning, and wife takes care of laughing at my collection of "stuff".
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #12

metal detector

Many thanks for the replys.I will use the info to good ends.Thanks again.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
I have played with my metal detector for about seven years, I love it and take it everywhere. I have much respect for where and how I use it regarding property which is private,federal or state. One needs to follow the rules, and I always believe that when I find something of value or historical that I try to find who might be the owner. I enjoy hiking trails, shorelines, old farms and church yards. I always ask first to use my detector, but generally know whom I am dealing with.

I have a goal for next year, that is to offer my skills and equipment in volunteering to search for items after disasters. I am not a groupy so going solo is more interesting to me.
kathyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #14

May I ask what brand of detector you use and/or prefer?
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote