Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2021, 11:03 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve,N,Jan View Post
I built an UDS after attending a BBQ contest and almost every contestant hd at least one.

It fits in the basement of my coach . I did a 11 hour smoke on a 18 lbs, brisket ......WOW temp only fluctuated 6 degrees it the entire 11 hours
Hmm...What's an UDS! Acronyms y'all use just leave me stumped! I've got quite a bit of experience with a moderate sized stick burner on trailer (I can do 4 to 5 packer briskets and 6 butts at once) but looking at something personal sized for the toy hauler. I've seen the GMG Davey locally and lean toward that one 'cause of the 12v auger. Any of the rest of the personal sized pellet grills 12 volt?
rrsutherland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2021, 02:21 PM   #30

Excel Owners Club
Ugly drum smoker
I don’t know how to post pictures
Old 07-01-2021, 04:58 AM   #31

I like Cobb Grill more.
Lawrence C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:08 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteSquid View Post
I have a Green Mountain grills Davy Crocket and love it!

It fits quite well in my RV's Bay!
Another vote for the GMG Davey Crockett. I only use the legs for handles, and even at 58 lbs., it moves pretty easily. I believe it's still the only pellet smoker that runs on D/C(?). It stores easily, and cooks anything we want. It holds temps. very well, even on long cooks. I also like being able to control it from the smartphone app. Getting lazy in my old age.
Trekkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:36 AM   #33

Lots of good info and ideas already mentioned, but I'll put in my 2 cents anyway.

I prefer charcoal grilling, but finally broke down and bought a 22" Blackstone Griddle. I got it at Walmart for about $175 and it came with a collapsible stand with side table and lid. It's the Adventure Ready series. There's no where to carry it in the MH so I carry it in the bed of the Toad. I also have the "carry bag" to put it in for transport. You can do almost anything with a griddle and I am very pleased with it. It is easy to set up and when not camping, I set it up at home and use it nearly everyday. But I still like my charcoal, so I also have the Weber Go-anywhere grill. Like mentioned by another member, you can store almost everything needed in the grill. I have the Grill Grate grill grates also and can do some great steaks on it. With those two units I can prepare almost anything you could come up with. Check out YouTube for what you can do with either of those.

Last year we spent 7 weeks at a CG in Kentucky. When I got there I bought a Weber Master Touch Kettle Grill. When we came home I packed it in the box it came in and brought it home in the Toad. Depending on how much you grill and how long your stay would be, you can get a 22" Walmart Expert grill similar to Weber's performer and master touch for around $80 and leave it for the next camper. Ron
Old 07-07-2021, 08:04 PM   #34

I use Smoke Daddy on my cheap stainless steel BBQ.

https://smokedaddyinc.com/product-ca.../cold-smokers/
NorthernDriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:21 PM   #35

For home use I have a green egg. For the road I have a green egg mini max. Will probably take it to Topsail in Destin next month and so some ribs.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:30 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawjohnson View Post
We have been stationary campers for years but are now going to be taking the show on the road. We have a Traeger smoker, an egg like smoker/BBQ and a Weber gas grill. While all of these are very nice units, they are all way too big to fit in the basement of the motorhome! The wife is not all that enthralled about using the grills that are supplied at most campsites.

Any ideas for a small smoker/BBQ combined unit? I know that I sacrifice on the combo unit but space will be at a premium.

TIA
I use one of these https://asmokegrill.com/products/asm...rill-apple-red

It’s a fantastic smoker/grill. I have one of their full size grills for home use.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #37

RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
I use a Traeger 575 PRO, modified it to remove the legs. It fits on a front MorRyde Slide nicely. Holds the temp really good and gets at least to 425. The only thing I wasn't impressed with is the lack of smoke perfume so I added a Smoke Daddy Cold Smoker.
NavyDiver198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:39 AM   #38

i have a Weber Q Grill, and a 22" blackstone in my storage bays.

I bought a Smoke Tube and i have succesfully smoked some meat on the weber Q using it. The flavor is not the same but its slightly there.

I do have an offset, a traeger, and a char griller Akorn at my house. Ever since obtaing the Akorn i dont use the other two. When we go camping and bring my trailer for either the car or my RZR i bring my Akorn. But if its a motorhome only trip i make due with the weber Q
steves86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 05:19 PM   #39

Davey Crockett here. Awesome smoker/grill
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 06:15 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
For the last 18 months, we have switched to a Green Mountain Grill, Davey Crocket pellet smoker. For a grill we use a cheap propane $30 grill. The Weber finally died after some 15 years of use and was not worth repairing.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:58 PM   #41

GMG Daniel Boone primarily at home, and a Davy Crocket when camping or when extra smoking is needed at home. Love both my GMG grills, no issues, no problems ever.
trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:45 AM   #42

We use a nomad smoker grill.
https://nomadgrills.com/
We had a green egg at the sticks and bricks
And when we went fulltime it obviously
Had to go. The nomad is a charcoal grill.
You can use lump or briq. Its small but has
A big grill surface. Its not particularly light.
The neat feature is you can use it on a picnic
Table without burning the table. You can close
It up tight and carry it like a suitcase with a fire
In it. ( i havnt tried this yet and probably wont)
Its the size of a fat suitcase and fits just about
Anywhere. We are quite happy with it.
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote