Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2022, 12:49 PM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefM View Post
The motorhome got put on the back burner for a while as I was working on some other projects. My airbags air up but the fronts go down quickly after I shut it off. I checked for leaks at the manifold on the wall and didn't hear any leaks but I didn't check it with soapy water either. I just got done going over the roof and doing a reseal job. I put on 2 new vent covers too.

2 new level valves and a new dryer filter and hopefully that will get it right.
The dryer filter is just maintenance, but if the leveling valves fix it, I'd consider replacing the rear axle one as well....they all went the same miles/time!

Ride height is a critical adjustment, a search here will locate a Reyco manual on it...
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2022, 02:35 AM   #16

The coach came with all the manuals. I do not know when the last time the dryer cartridge was changed so it's just on the to do list.

I got a question for you.
The fuel shut off solenoid stopped working, will this work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/281632465737
chiefM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:27 AM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
The coach came with all the manuals. I do not know when the last time the dryer cartridge was changed so it's just on the to do list.

I got a question for you.
The fuel shut off solenoid stopped working, will this work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/281632465737
Is your engine a mechanical 8.3 or a ISC electronic control?

The link you have is for a mechanical engine.... however my 1999 American Coach is ISC
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:50 AM   #18

I don't know. It has a solenoid like the one in the picture.
The engine is a 300 hp, Model R450-AA2-001, Serial# 45648852.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:49 PM   #19

I've had a Loves truck stop replace the rear ride height valve and linkage once. They had it in stock, had me drive over the truck pit, replaced the valve and linkage, reset ride height, and we were over in their restaurant eating an early dinner an hour later.
I think that cost $80 labor plus the price of the parts.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:51 PM   #20

Quote:
I don't know. It has a solenoid like the one in the picture.
The engine is a 300 hp, Model R450-AA2-001, Serial# 45648852.
Chief, if your engine is an ISC, those initials will be on the engine in plain sight. 1999 was the first year for the ISC, 1998 was the last year for the C8.3 So it depends on the year of mfg for your Spartan chassis.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 09-22-2022, 09:11 AM   #21

The coach was made in March of 98. I don't see ISC anywhere and I have been all over that engine, so I'm sure it is mechanical.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:53 PM   #22

Quote:
The coach was made in March of 98. I don't see ISC anywhere and I have been all over that engine, so I'm sure it is mechanical.
6C8.3 engine then.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:41 AM   #23

Thanks for that info!!
I ordered the shutoff solenoid and the air dryer filter. I will order the ride height valves next week. I am thinking of pulling the fridge out and starting on the residential upgrade this weekend.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:35 AM   #24

Back to working on the motorhome again.

I ordered the new valves and control rods for the front and they should be delivered on Saturday. The air drier canister is at home and ready to be installed. Once I get all that installed and working, I will replace the rear one.

The new fuel shutoff solenoid should be delivered tomorrow.

I unhooked the RV fridge and I picked up the residential fridge yesterday that I am installing in its place.

After that I want to fix the dash AC and I have to drop the generator to get it fixed.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #25

Chief, to avoid having to reset your 4-corner ride height, assuming it is correct now; measure each rod length-eye to eye, before removing. Then assemble the new one to the same length.
If you have the Spartan MM GT IFS chassis, front ride height is measured at front shock bolts, 16 and 1/8" + or - 1/8".

Please block up under your frame before working underneath! About 10-12 years ago an RV tech in N. Indiana was suffocated when the MH he was underneath lost air pressure, trapping him just enough that he could not breathe.
I have several dash air references if you'd like them.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:14 AM   #26

I have a Spartin chassis.
Good idea about measuring, I was wondering how to get it close to the right height. I am very weary when working under it. I usually only crawl under it when it's fully deflated. I have some 4x4's to block under the frame if I do crawl under it with it running.

The new control rods were delivered yesterday but the valves were not, they should come in today. My son in-law and I got the old RV fridge out and the residential fridge in. I have a few adjustments and then I can screw it down.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:17 AM   #27

Drive the tires up on boards (verifying that the coach is level) so that you have safety room under the coach even if bags are totally deflated.

VERIFY clearance with bags empty before going under.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:49 PM   #28

I was thinking of making some ramps last week, I need to drop the aux generator out to get it fixed and I need the RV front up higher.

The valves were not delivered today either. It says they are in Atlanta and delayed. I got the residential fridge installed and screwed down. It looks great and is going to have a lot more useable room than the old RV fridge.

I ordered a hot rod kit for the hot water heater.

Tags
1999, ride, ride height, valve