Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2020, 04:39 AM   #1

2000 Kountry Star DP front airbags

Hello, We have a 2000 Newmar. Kountry Star DP 3550, and need front air bags. Spartan said that they are obsolete and gave me a Firestone # W01-358-5777 which Firestone says is obsolete. Our chassis has the 501 front end. Does anyone know where I can get the correct bags?? Thank you.
8post96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2020, 10:49 AM   #2

This is the site that Spartan sells obsolete parts to. I couldn't find a fuel level sending unit and the mgr of Spartan Parts gave me this URL, where I found one.
Good luck. https://www.vpartsinc.com/
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:52 PM   #3

The air springs W013585777

8post96 - did you manage to work something out to replace those bags no longer being made? I have the same a Spartan 1999 that uses these and are looking old.
MorrisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:23 AM   #4

I contacted Spartan, they gave me a firestone part #. I went online and a truck repair shop in Michigan had them. I'll try to look for the part number when I get home. The weren't cheap.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:23 AM   #5

Airbags

firestone part # W01-358-5777 that was from Spartan. You may have to contact firestone. Hope it helps. Also if you have the bag specs there is a place in CA. That makes custom bags.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:33 AM   #6

w01-358-5777

That's it. I did the same as you contacting Spartan. So we do have the exact same one needed. Can I get the place you bought them from in Michigan? Every place I have looked no one has them and can't be gotten. This will be fantastic if that place still have them in stock as they have been discontinued and no longer made.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:48 AM   #7

w01-358-5777

If you have the contact info for the place in Ca that custom makes them that would be good too to have if the place in Michigan does not have them.

I managed to get the true measurements from a diagram for the air spring listed on Napa's web site as they still have it listed but none in stock. If it was not for that I would not have the dimensions of them. I took a screen shot and saved it. Good idea you mention so if I have to do it I will have them custom made.

Also apparently from Spartan they have a note in their system next to this discontinued part to say that someone used the air bag with part number w01-358-5770 and dimensions were close enough to make it work but had to cut off a stud to make it work.

Thanks a bunch for your help I spent several hours trying.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisonR View Post
That's it. I did the same as you contacting Spartan. So we do have the exact same one needed. Can I get the place you bought them from in Michigan? Every place I have looked no one has them and can't be gotten. This will be fantastic if that place still have them in stock as they have been discontinued and no longer made.
Michigan truck spring co. They are out of them, said they are obsolete and that the 5770 may work. He'll get back to me Monday.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:40 PM   #9

The number W01--358-5777 is shown in stock at NAPA online. The website also has dimensions and specs.
Take the dimensions and specs to the Firestone Engineering Manual and Design Guide that lists dimensions and specs for present-day air springs, match them up to obtain todays air spring ID number.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:44 AM   #10

w01-358-5777

Thanks to both of you. I now saved the pdf firestone doc. I am going to keep on searching to see what I can do.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #11

w01-358-5777

Guys I put a call into firestone for technical support. They got back to me over the phone. The guy researched all their other air springs and found that w01-358-5777 no longer being made has one with the exact same measurements p/n w01-358-5775. Only difference is the bumper stop is one inch taller. So from the mouth of Firestone technical support that one will work. Good news. I am going to order them and try. The original part number you can see on Napa and comes up but are not available as I discovered when I first were looking for it but the good thing that Napa still shows it was that you can get the measurements off that result from them. I saved that picture for reference. I appreciate you two conversing with me on this issue. I hope this helps you knowing there is a substitute.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:02 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisonR View Post
Guys I put a call into firestone for technical support. They got back to me over the phone. The guy researched all their other air springs and found that w01-358-5777 no longer being made has one with the exact same measurements p/n w01-358-5775. Only difference is the bumper stop is one inch taller. So from the mouth of Firestone technical support that one will work. Good news. I am going to order them and try. The original part number you can see on Napa and comes up but are not available as I discovered when I first were looking for it but the good thing that Napa still shows it was that you can get the measurements off that result from them. I saved that picture for reference. I appreciate you two conversing with me on this issue. I hope this helps you knowing there is a substitute.
Why can't you cut a inch off the bump stop so they will work?
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
Why can't you cut a inch off the bump stop so they will work?
Bill
It is made inside the sealed air spring. Open that Firestone pdf, scroll down to see the optional bumpers in air springs.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:45 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I still suspect there would be no problem having a extra inch on the bump stop.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ags, air, airbag