Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2016, 06:24 AM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Issue Resolved

The issue is resolved. I acquired this coach in March 2016 and have been learning a lot. I was told my many that my coach did not have a separate air suspension dump switch. Well last night while trouble shooting the issue I was looking over the dash and see a rocker switch that is just like the others but labeled CLOS and not in the manual. Well I toggle the switch down and guess what, the air bags inflated.I was astatic that I can air up.I thought my jacks were losing height when it was sinking into the ground, I thought I had a major issue with the air suspension but it was only a disengaged switch. Lesson learned is to take your time in trouble shooting an issue, ask plenty of questions and become familiar with every switch on your RV and understand what they are doing. I have also acquired many docs (I think like 28) for the Spartan Chassis if anyone needs them. I want to say thank you to the IRV2 members that helped.
JWLSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #16

Yay!....I remember posting about the dash switch on the other thread you started in Fleetwood.....I'm glad you found it. I wanted to post once I seen the valve with 2 solenoids that it has a switch somewhere, one of the solenoids is for the jack system, the other is the dash switch.....

I use that switch a lot, if I'm on a nice level site where jacks aren't needed (like Walmart), I'll dump them, lowers coach for easy exit/entrance, no coach movement while DW is walking around and less wear on jack system.
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:22 AM   #17

Glad you found the issue !
For future reference the referenced valve in the picture is a Norgren Ride Height Valve and controls Air up and Air release for dumping air.
Mine in fact went bad and I replaced it in -10 degree weather trying to leave for Florida a few February's ago.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 AM   #18

Rear suspenion not inflating

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLSC View Post
The issue is resolved. I acquired this coach in March 2016 and have been learning a lot. I was told my many that my coach did not have a separate air suspension dump switch. Well last night while trouble shooting the issue I was looking over the dash and see a rocker switch that is just like the others but labeled CLOS and not in the manual. Well I toggle the switch down and guess what, the air bags inflated.I was astatic that I can air up.I thought my jacks were losing height when it was sinking into the ground, I thought I had a major issue with the air suspension but it was only a disengaged switch. Lesson learned is to take your time in trouble shooting an issue, ask plenty of questions and become familiar with every switch on your RV and understand what they are doing. I have also acquired many docs (I think like 28) for the Spartan Chassis if anyone needs them. I want to say thank you to the IRV2 members that helped.
Long story short, after 2 days of sliding around under our 97 American tradition
Troubleshooting the reason for no inflation of rear suspension, the culprit ended up being this:
When the couch used up all of the rear jacks lift, the height control valve's elbowed looking linkage straightened out enough to allow it to go over centered
and foided in the wrong direction when the jacks were retraced rendering the valve disfunctional. I'm going to bungee tether the linkage elbow to prevent this happening again because the ride height adjustment is perfect and I don't want to monkey with it. On second thought a better option would be to adjust more length into that lower leg of the linkage while leaving the same angle on the upper arm on linkage as to not change the height adjustment. That should prevent the elbow from straightening and going over center.

I hopes this helps someone!!

Tommy and Kathy Landrum
1997 American Tradition w/flat towing Focus
Halifax, Va.
6flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #19

Mackwrench, I know this is an old thread, but I remember you have the same or similar coach as I do..my '99 Eagle is having air compressor problem of not airing up the coach. I have bypassed the drier to rule it out, and replaced the governor..I noticed if I tapped on the side of the compressor where unloader valve is located that the coach would air up. This makes me think the valve is sticking. Could I be right?? What replacement valve to order? I can't find a name brand for the compressor..Would you know?
Thanks in advance, Tony
VWtony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension