Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2015, 03:34 PM   #1

Allison Trans shift control pad

Hoping someone can help who may have experienced this before... the Allison transmission touch controls are not working. The digital screen that normall shows R, N, D does not illuminate. It also appears the Travel indicator light on the leveling controls never illuminates even when the jacks are up and the rv is raised. I also have a message on the dash that says NO SPDO. Any ideas?

I spoke with Spartan and have checked the TCM fuses in the back (what a pain to find) and they are good. I pulled them and waited to reset. No good. I killed the master switch, still no fix.
bottke913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2015, 11:56 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.
Sorry you are here with problems.
Can you start the engine ? Or has the lack of trans control shut down the starter circuits too.
Has there been any testing done ? Tried separating the main harness at the transmission to check for any problems there?
Did you check the fuses , with a test light or ohm meter, because , looks good isn't always good when it comes to fuses.
With multiple electrical faults , there could be an ignition fuse or an ignition switch problem.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Not sure how the shift pad is accessed on your coach. Could be loose connection.
Search up the nearest Allison authorized service center. They can be found on Allison web site. Can be pretty helpful. I've never looked but Allison probably has a customer service number.
If you have the serial number that would help. Mine is on a plate on the driver side of the transmission.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottke913 View Post
Hoping someone can help who may have experienced this before... the Allison transmission touch controls are not working. The digital screen that normall shows R, N, D does not illuminate. It also appears the Travel indicator light on the leveling controls never illuminates even when the jacks are up and the rv is raised. I also have a message on the dash that says NO SPDO. Any ideas?

I spoke with Spartan and have checked the TCM fuses in the back (what a pain to find) and they are good. I pulled them and waited to reset. No good. I killed the master switch, still no fix.
bottke913
Have you checked the positive (+), and the negative (-), wire from the chassis battery to the Allison VIM, (vehicle interface module) ...and the inline fuse in the positive (+) wire from the chassis battery to the Allison VIM..... and the fuse and the 6 relays in the Allison VIM?
ALLISON VIM (Vehicle Interface Module)

Mel
'96 Safrai
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:27 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Also you might want to move this to the Allison forum to get more eyes.

Tags
allison