Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2020, 08:20 PM   #1

Brakes

I am fairly new with being a motorhome owner and need some help, cant seam to find what I need anywhere.

I need new brakes, and rotors on the front. The diesel mechanic I took it to said their reference numbers are "discontinued" and trying to contact Spartan directly for a cross reference number so they can get them locally. Its been two weeks and they still don't have anything for me, so I am turning to the web to see if I can get this information to speed up the process. (cant take it out until its fixed)

VIN #4VZDM1290Y________
2000 National RV Caribbean
Spartan Summit 2000 Chassis

What I am confused about is 'summit' is not listed on a lot of places that sells brakes. I found some schematics for the EC-2000 & WC-2000 chassis, but do not know if that will work with what I have.

I am finding no information on keywords of Spartan Summit Brakes, so I am guessing that I am the only person that is having the problems? Someone please enlighten me and tell me that getting parts/service for Spartan chassis isn't as difficult as I am thinking.

Thanks for any help, ideas, clues, or documents that you may have.

Cory
Cory R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #2

What’s does rvchassisparts say which is spartan?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
What’s does rvchassisparts say which is spartan?
I guess I don't quite understand, rvchassisparts.com only has 5 brake pads and none of them specifically say Spartan. (D224HD, D380HD, MD786A, TBP110301, & TBP110304)

The D224HD matches the part number I found on the "EC-2000 & WC-2000 Parts Page", but not sure if I have the EC or WC chassis... I just know I have the Summit and cannot find any parts page associated with Summit.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory R View Post
I guess I don't quite understand, rvchassisparts.com only has 5 brake pads and none of them specifically say Spartan. (D224HD, D380HD, MD786A, TBP110301, & TBP110304)

The D224HD matches the part number I found on the "EC-2000 & WC-2000 Parts Page", but not sure if I have the EC or WC chassis... I just know I have the Summit and cannot find any parts page associated with Summit.

Rvchassis parts is spartan parts department what did they say on phone?
Old 07-12-2020, 04:23 PM   #5

Yup. Give spartan parts a call tomorrow morning. # is 800.722.3025. You will need the LAST 7 digits of your VIN#. With that, they can tell you everything that went in to your chassis.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimknoll View Post
Yup. Give spartan parts a call tomorrow morning. # is 800.722.3025. You will need the LAST 7 digits of your VIN#. With that, they can tell you everything that went in to your chassis.
Called them this morning and instantly got all the information I needed. I guess when the repair facility tells you they called, doesn't really mean they called or called the wrong place. Thanks to both of you for giving me direction!

Just FYI - As I guess the Summit chassis isn't documented that well:

Front Rotor #22123460002
Brake Pads #D224-HD updated to #ED224-S
Old 07-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #7

Keep their number handy! I live a couple hrs away from them, and they've even left parts in a different dept. so I could pick them up after hrs. Not always the cheapest, but always the easiest. Have fun with your bus,
Old 07-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #8

Sent you a PM.
Whaler2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, brakes