Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2021, 03:53 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Cost for a steerable tag wheel alignment?

I have having difficulty finding an alignment shop that does RV steerable tags. Found one but they said $950. Said it took 6-7 hours to do it properly. This sounds really high, but after reading all of the posts that alignments were out of spec, figured I better get one done. Based on your experience, is this in the ballpark?

This is on a K3 Spartan chassis if that makes any difference.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #2
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
What did Spartan say about this and what shop(s) do they recommend? They should have some ideas they could share with you. ����
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:25 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
What did Spartan say about this and what shop(s) do they recommend? They should have some ideas they could share with you. ����
That is how I found the one that was what I thought expensive. No others in the area. I could call tomorrow and widen the area for another couple of listings, but hoping someone on the site has already researched and could share.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:41 PM   #4
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
I agree and would wait today/tomorrow for someone to respond. Someone on the forum has surely had this done. $950 seems a little steep. ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
That is how I found the one that was what I thought expensive. No others in the area. I could call tomorrow and widen the area for another couple of listings, but hoping someone on the site has already researched and could share.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:10 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well, I went to the Spartan web site that listed a number of authorized service centers and made some calls. Received a lot of "Sorry we do not offer alignments" or "They do not do the passive tags". I then, as JC2 suggested, decided to call the Spartan number for RV chassis and one of their options was for scheduling factory service! Price: $900 and would take 6 hours. After over an hour and a half on the phone, I can now at least feel confident that the local shop was accurate on the man-hours and not out of line. Ouch.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:34 PM   #6
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Dble that ouch. These cost of things to be done can be mind numbing at times. We are at the point where it's becoming enough is enough and will most likely quit all together. It is no longer fun any more as the repair/ maintence costs are becoming unjustifiable. Good luck to you in finding a fix for ur rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
Well, I went to the Spartan web site that listed a number of authorized service centers and made some calls. Received a lot of "Sorry we do not offer alignments" or "They do not do the passive tags". I then, as JC2 suggested, decided to call the Spartan number for RV chassis and one of their options was for scheduling factory service! Price: $900 and would take 6 hours. After over an hour and a half on the phone, I can now at least feel confident that the local shop was accurate on the man-hours and not out of line. Ouch.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:33 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Dble that ouch. These cost of things to be done can be mind numbing at times. We are at the point where it's becoming enough is enough and will most likely quit all together. It is no longer fun any more as the repair/ maintence costs are becoming unjustifiable. Good luck to you in finding a fix for ur rig.
After I sold my old rig this past spring, I was amazed at the amount of time I had freed up that I was no longer messing with maintaining the thing and wow the cost flow not going out for those ongoing problems along with monthly storage fees......But I also really missed not having one and the freedom it gave us to take off somewhere. Have had my fill of hotels and definitely not the same. The topper was the realization that I may have to spend the winter in the cold. Within 3 months I am back in game. They say the best days of owning one is the day you buy it and the day you sell it. But there are a lot of great days in between when you get to use it.

Tags
light