Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
KIX

Cruise Control

We have an '02 Ultimate Advantage on a Spartan MM chassis with Cummins ISC engine. We also have a Smart Wheel
There is no indicator light to indicate when the Cruise Control is engaged or when it is turned on. Can any of you guys tell me how I can install an indicator light to illuminate when the CC is on and/or when on and engaged?
Thanks
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
No I can't, but.... why don't you get a VmsPc which will give you all the engine and transmission data you could ever want... and cruise control settings: Cruise on, off, and cruise set speed in Mph.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VmsPc -1.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	114593  
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:26 AM   #3
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
We have an '02 Ultimate Advantage on a Spartan MM chassis with Cummins ISC engine. We also have a Smart Wheel
There is no indicator light to indicate when the Cruise Control is engaged or when it is turned on. Can any of you guys tell me how I can install an indicator light to illuminate when the CC is on and/or when on and engaged?
Thanks
Our previous mh, 2005 Winnebago Voyage and our current one, 2004 Newmar DS would have the word "cruise" which would illuminate on the speedo display when we turned/activated cruise control from the steering wheel. If you do not have this, perhaps a bulb? is burned out.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #4

On our 04 Essex we had cruise control stop working this summer and the problem was the connection to the smart wheel control box in outside electrical cabinet. Push connector in and the cruise control started working again. At the same time the wipers start not working right and by push connection to control box and they to started working.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:13 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Our previous mh, 2005 Winnebago Voyage and our current one, 2004 Newmar DS would have the word "cruise" which would illuminate on the speedo display when we turned/activated cruise control from the steering wheel. If you do not have this, perhaps a bulb? is burned out.
Don't think so ... I have never seen any "cruise" indication on my Ultimate either. We bought it new.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:19 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
No I can't, but.... why don't you get a VmsPc which will give you all the engine and transmission data you could ever want... and cruise control settings: Cruise on, off, and cruise set speed in Mph.
Romeo, where do you have to look to read all that info? Don't know where we would put a screen display for all that info on our coach.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
Romeo, where do you have to look to read all that info? Don't know where we would put a screen display for all that info on our coach.
I use a NetBook Pc to display the VmsPc screen. It has a 10" screen and the netbook sits on my dash and works like a "heads up" display. I don't have to take my eyes off the road to see all the info that I want to view.

Many users use small 7" TFT displays, or Tablet pc's for VmsPc. If your interested, there is a lot of information on this forum and on the SilverLeaf website: VMSpc | SilverLeaf Electronics, Inc.

Here's a link to photos of other installations: http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/6?q=node/5676

Did you notice that you can click on the photo that I previously posted to get a larger view of my VmsPc layout.

BTW, the VmsPc screen layout is totally configurable to display any or all of the information one is interested in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VmsPc-3JPG.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	114690  
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:57 PM   #8
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I do have VMSpc however I don't always use it. All the coach info I can find doesn't reference an indicator light.......maybe that was an option.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:59 PM   #9
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
I'll check that....thanks

Tags
cruise control