Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastern1 View Post
I called the dealer for help and after a day he got back to me and said there were indeed only 2 lanyards on the Ventana not 3 different colored ones as stated in the Spartan maintenance bulletin. He had to talk to several people to get this information. My question then to him is why can't they put that in the myriad instructions you get. Would make things simpler and save so much time hunting for things that don't exist!
Sounds like they installed an 'auto drain' on your wet tank.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2020, 05:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
If you get under your coach, first make sure the frame is blocked up to prevent human damage, look for a manual drain(tilt valve)on the bottom of the two front air tanks, you should see 3, one is missing a cable lanyard. You may simply push it to one side with a finger to drain that tank.
As to why Spartan did not supply the 3rd cable ?????

I plan to add the 3rd cable this month myself.
Well I drained the 2 that have lanyards and there was no water. I am going to assume that the tank without a lanyard (if it exists) is dry as well. This rig is new to me and I think I am obsessing over small things too much such as perfect tire pressures that I can't enjoy the coach. Taking off next week for a 2 week trip through the Dakotas bird hunting. Hopefully being new I should be able to do a 4-5,000 mile round trip without too much going wrong.
eastern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastern1 View Post
Well I drained the 2 that have lanyards and there was no water. I am going to assume that the tank without a lanyard (if it exists) is dry as well. This rig is new to me and I think I am obsessing over small things too much such as perfect tire pressures that I can't enjoy the coach. Taking off next week for a 2 week trip through the Dakotas bird hunting. Hopefully being new I should be able to do a 4-5,000 mile round trip without too much going wrong.
You are right. When the air/desiccant filter is changed regularly(2 or 3 yrs for MH) there should not be any moisture in the compressed air system.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, tank