Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Full Air - Park Brake Not Releasing Rear(long)

Could anybody offer suggestions on where to look first. Recently, the park brake light would go off when releasing the park brake then flash off and on periodically, like a bad switch or bad connection, then started staying on. Neither front or rear brakes had any heat at all meaning to me that they were not dragging. Today, the park brake light did not go out, felt like there was no drag, but after 30 miles, the back was warm and the front was not. I had originally thought that it would be the park brake switch, and had that on order. Apparently, that is not the problem and I must now figure out which part could be the culprit. Both rear brakes and hubs were the same temp. Both needles on the air gauge stay together as normal. The drag must be very light, cause it rolls on its own. We have had this vehicle for about 6 months and it sat for 11 months in Houston before we got it. So heat and sitting have created a few issues for us. Any place the I might find an accurate diagram of the air system and its components? Chassis is 2003 Mountain Master. Tomorrow I will grease the brake components and inspect everything for binding and such, maybe they are hanging up slightly, but both sides would not be the same would they? Any suggestions would be helpful. Any suggestions on which parts to check first. Thanks in advance, you folks are the best.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Just to finish this thread, I did change the pressure switch and it took care of the park brake light. I greased the slack adjusters and their shafts, and worked the park brake at full air pressure 5-6 times after greasing. After that, took for a short test ride and brakes were cool. Then took 2 short trips of about 200 miles each and they did work as they should. I have been waiting for full air pressure to build before releasing the park brake but everything seems to be working fine. thanks and happy trails Bert
Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
KIX

Jobert, Google Spartan to get their phone#.
when you have chassis problems call and speak to the techs. They are very helpful.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote