Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2022, 08:46 PM   #1

Help identifing function of air valve

I posted the photo below to the National site and it was identified as a Norgren valve. Now i am trying to figure out its function. (The photo is looking up.)

The RV is a National Tradewinds LE with a Cat 3126E. The chassis is a Spartan 2002. I believe it is a Mountain Master. The valve is located on the frame just in front of the primary and secondary air tanks. It has what I believe are 3 air inputs, 2 electric controls, and what looks like an air relief hose.

There is a pdf picture available but it does not match this model. Can someone confirm this is the air dump valve? the 3 lines are from left front, right front, and rear air bag systems.
Attached Images

dansawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2022, 06:11 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
That's it, the air suspension dump valve. It'll exhaust the air suspension when the leveling system is turned on, and you may have a suspension dump switch on the dash.to operate it.

What's wrong with it?
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:43 AM   #3

The plastic connector on the right side is loose where it mounts to the metal body. It leaks air when it is very lightly touched.

I have added zip ties to keep it pulled in moderately firmly to the body. That stops the leak. This in only very temproary.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:53 PM   #4

Follow up question:

We were boondocking coming across Utah into CO. I got up in the AM and simply hit 'retract all' to pull up the levelers. I did not pay attention to how far they actually retracted. They retracted about half way.

The leveling system is PowerGear. It is 'manual', there is no auto level.

Is there a connection between a partially retracted levelers and dumping air?

(The leveling pistons were quite dirty. I carefully cleaned them and they fully retracted before the test above.)
Old 11-23-2022, 09:40 PM   #5

The Norgren valve supplies air to the air springs, to the fronts directly, to the rears via an accumulator tank just forward of the rear axle. This drawing shows the details:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	compressed air plumbing.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	381451  
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, valve