Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2020, 04:36 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
IFS1200 Chassis

Good evening everyone. I just noticed I have a broken right front shock on my 1999 American Eagle EVS 40 footer. The Chassis is a Spartan Chassis with a IFS1200 suspension. It currently has Bilstein’s on it. I have been happy with them. The model of shock is not visible. Does anyone know which model shock this coach takes and can I get them somewhere besides ordering them on the Internet? I appreciate any help you could give me. We have only had the coach for about about eight months and love it. But I gotta get the front shocks replaced and I have the proper tools with me to accomplish that task. Thank you!!
SheriffMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2020, 09:02 PM   #2

The Reyco-Granning IFS1200 and 1260 use the same shocks. Input your year and the website identifies Bilstein shock numbers: https://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/...orhome-Chassis
If your front shocks are attached with bolts(bottom) the ball joints must be removed to replace the shock. Spartan sells a conversion kit to eliminate that task.

If you decide to install Koni shocks go here: https://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/...cfm?id=1579179
Now you may copy the numbers and buy locally.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:28 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Thank you

There is no reference to the IFS2000 suspension. Is it the K2 Spartan or which one is it I need to choose. Much appreciated
Old 10-03-2020, 07:39 AM   #4

Here ya go >>> Bilstein 24-186476.

Not finding mine anywhere local, I bought off Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can also buy them from rvchassisparts.com which is Spartan's site. They ship quick, I've bought several items from there.

I'm sure you can get this crossed to Koni if you want, some say they ride better (I have no opinion on that).

Lastly, when you search for parts for this front end, it's made by Reyco-Granning and is model Tuthill IFS1200. Searching for parts under the actual manufacturer instead of Spartan IFS 1200 usually yields more results. I was able to save several hundred dollars buying ball joints from Reyco-Granning instead of through Spartan.

Here is a link to the downloadable repair manual >>> https://reycogranning.com/rg/wp-cont...-1320-1370.pdf

Good Luck !
Old 10-03-2020, 09:41 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I have the front ones off and a set on order next day air. Your help was invaluable. The manual is definitely nice to have. So appreciated....... Thank you! Mike
Old 10-03-2020, 09:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffMike View Post
I have the front ones off and a set on order next day air. Your help was invaluable. The manual is definitely nice to have. So appreciated....... Thank you! Mike
There is a tag on the front of Reyco-Granning assembly with model and serial number.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis