Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #1

New Reyco Granning 1370hp ball joints

Post for one upper and one lower subject ball joints now on 'classified forum'.
John Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2020, 06:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clements View Post
Post for one upper and one lower subject ball joints now on 'classified forum'.
I don't see the post on any of the classifieds. Still composing it?
Old 02-27-2020, 08:27 AM   #3

Sorry about that. It was definately there yesterday after I posted it but for some reason I can't find it now either. I will re post it today.

John Clements
John Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:41 AM   #4

These are a good deal, and just to note they fit IFS 1200, 1320, and 1370. Good luck with sale, if I hadn't just bought all 4 in December I would jump on them.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:14 AM   #5

Meames1, what did you pay for four?
BTW, these two are sold.
I'll post the Removal and Installation process when I get motivated.

Thanx for sending so quickly John!
Old 02-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
Meames1, what did you pay for four?

I didn't want to step on the OP's post, but I see they are sold, so...
Buy them from Stengelbros.net , they are Spartan dealers and are cheaper than buying direct. Here is the weird thing, Part # K705383 is the lower ball joint "kit", it comes with Joint,Boot, Nut, And Cotter pin for $539.78 each. BUT, if you use part number #705383-01 , without the "K" for kit, it only comes with the Joint and boot, (no nut or cotter pin) it is only $387.85.
The real kicker is the upper joint, the Kit # K705382 is $142.50 each, but the Joint and Boot only, part # 705382-01 is Only $ 61.61 each ! I bought both upper and lowers only joints and boots, so my total was $898.92 plus freight and they were dropped shipped from Reyco Granning. I'll install them myself, so for $1,000 all in, I though that was pretty reasonable.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:12 PM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meames1 View Post
Buy them from Stengelbros.net , they are Spartan dealers and are cheaper than buying direct. Here is the weird thing, Part # K705383 is the lower ball joint "kit", it comes with Joint,Boot, Nut, And Cotter pin for $539.78 each. BUT, if you use part number #705383-01 , without the "K" for kit, it only comes with the Joint and boot, (no nut or cotter pin) it is only $387.85.
The real kicker is the upper joint, the Kit # K705382 is $142.50 each, but the Joint and Boot only, part # 705382-01 is Only $ 61.61 each ! I bought both upper and lowers only joints and boots, so my total was $898.92 plus freight and they were dropped shipped from Reyco Granning. I'll install them myself, so for $1,000 all in, I though that was pretty reasonable.
Pretty good deal, I was able to purchase mine direct from Spartan for $1200 including shipping.

I installed mine myself at home. If you have any questions let me know.
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:20 AM   #8

Argh, well the ball joint pair would have been a good deal if the USPS didn't mishandle the box. I received the box and it felt very light for the anticipated contents. Then saw the sticker on the box saying "oh geees, we are so sorry but there was a packaging problem that screwed up our ability to send you your week over due shipment so please accept our apologies" (certainly not the exact text but that's about the root of the message).

I took pictures of the box. Had lots of tape around it. Had bubble wrap in it. Inside the box was a metal "hatchet" no ball joints to be found....I guess whoever threw the box and broke the box just picked up whatever was nearby and put it in the box without missing a beat...nice job USPS! And to wait an extra week for that extra special attention!

Spoke to the seller and provided the pics and tracking numbers. We'll see what happens.

[moderator edit]
Old 03-12-2020, 03:39 AM   #9

Man, that's some rotten luck. I feel for you
Old 03-18-2020, 09:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
Argh, well the ball joint pair would have been a good deal if the USPS didn't mishandle the box. I received the box and it felt very light for the anticipated contents. Then saw the sticker on the box saying "oh geees, we are so sorry but there was a packaging problem that screwed up our ability to send you your week over due shipment so please accept our apologies" (certainly not the exact text but that's about the root of the message).

I took pictures of the box. Had lots of tape around it. Had bubble wrap in it. Inside the box was a metal "hatchet" no ball joints to be found....I guess whoever threw the box and broke the box just picked up whatever was nearby and put it in the box without missing a beat...nice job USPS! And to wait an extra week for that extra special attention!

Spoke to the seller and provided the pics and tracking numbers. We'll see what happens.

[moderator edit]
I would be talking to the postal inspectors office too.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I would be talking to the postal inspectors office too.
I did. So did the seller. USPS is looking but it's not looking good. USPS returned the broken box and the "hatchet" in yesterday's mail.
Like any big organization, there are always slackers in the workforce.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:06 AM   #12

Received nothing from USPS if they found the MIA ball joints. No surprise there. Seller did issue a refund.
Hopefully the ball joints show up so I can pay the seller.

Anyone have another set hanging around in spare parts?
Old 03-28-2021, 04:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meames1 View Post
I was wondering what tools you used to extract the old ball joints, and also what tools you used to install the new ball joints to the specified torque specifications. I know Recyco has special spanner type wrench's for this job, but I was wondering if there is a way to do the job safely without the specialty tools? Thanks
wahoo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
Pretty good deal, I was able to purchase mine direct from Spartan for $1200 including shipping.

I installed mine myself at home. If you have any questions let me know.
I was wondering what tools you used to extract the old ball joints, and also what tools you used to install the new ball joints to the specified torque specifications. I know Recyco has special spanner type wrench's for this job, but I was wondering if there is a way to do the job safely without the specialty tools? Thanks
wahoo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote