Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #1

Spartan chassic

I own a RV on a Spartan chassis and it is due the one year maintenance and it requires the gear box for the cooling fan change the oil but I can not find any information on what type of oil and how much. Can any one tell me what it takes and where I can buy a maintenance manual that covers the Spartan chassis?
Dog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog3 View Post
I own a RV on a Spartan chassis and it is due the one year maintenance and it requires the gear box for the cooling fan change the oil but I can not find any information on what type of oil and how much. Can any one tell me what it takes and where I can buy a maintenance manual that covers the Spartan chassis?
Welcome to IRV2!

Start here at the Spartan Chassis site.

Don't be afraid to call or email them. They have been OUTSTANDING in getting information about my coach and service issues.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #3

Spartan chassis

I own a 2014 Entegra. I own a motorhome on a Spartan chassis. I need information on all the required maintenance on the scheduled maintenance . Does any one know where I can buy a manual or information on the chassis. I do all my own maintenance. Any thing would be a help. cj43270@yahoo.com
Old 06-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Call or email Spartan, motor coach division. They emailed me the manuals that I needed.
Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #5

Spartan

I have talked to Spartan to day and they say they do not have any thing to send as they to many chassis to make manuals. s end me the Email that you used and I will send them a Email. THANKS cj43270@yahoo.com
Old 06-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #6

I have talked to Spartan to day and other times and they say they have too many chassis to make manuals for. Send me the Email you used and I will send them a Email. THANKS cj43270@yahoo.com
Old 06-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Did you ask or did they offer to send you the electronic files? I went to the owner's course last year and got a memory stick with much of the information and recently I got a copy of all wiring diagrams.

What year and model chassis do you have?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #8

Sky Boss I sent a Email to Spartan and never got an answer. I have a 2014 Entegra. So far no answers or help.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Sky Boss I sent a Email to Spartan and never got an answer. I have a 2014 Entegra. So far no answers or help.
I am going to suggest you send a second email to the following:

Scott.Wixson@spartanchassis.com

Info Joyce at Entegra at the following:

jskinner@entegracoach.com

Explain to them you're problem and the communications issues with Spartan. I am pretty sure that Scott will react (he's the head of Customer Service), and I am even more sure that Joyce will forward the email to someone that will get Spartan's attention.

There are several of us that have the info hard copy (and on memory stick for the chassis (2013 and 2014) and we can get it to you, but they need to establish a relationship with you that meets your needs. The info that I or others on the Entegra forum can forward to you will be that which those of us obtained from the Owner's corse that SKYBOSS mentions.

PM me if you have additional issues...
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #10

diovitt /DSL417 Thanks, I will Email Scott today with Joyce. I was at Spartan in Apr and asked for information and was told that there was no info. to give out. Im trying to get into one of their classes but have to wait until next year.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:34 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
diovitt /DSL417 Thanks, I will Email Scott today with Joyce. I was at Spartan in Apr and asked for information and was told that there was no info. to give out. Im trying to get into one of their classes but have to wait until next year.
That answer is totally unacceptable, because they provide it hard copy and on a thumb drive to people who take the class. If you post a request on the Entegra forum, I would bet that one of the folks who attended the last class would forward you an electronic copy for the 2014. If not, I have the 2013 (which should be the same). Some swear that you need a quick oil change to pull the "break in" oil after 5-7000 miles. Not so according to both Spartan and Cummins. 1 year (+or- a couple of months or 15000 miles) for oil and oil filters. Air filter when the gauge says you need it, but I just had mine replaced at the 55-60% point, and the tech says really you'll be doing yourself a favor to change at the 50% point. Hydraulic filter is two years I think, but just don't remember. Types of fluids for oil and coolants have been mentioned in other threads. If the email doesn't get you a response, let me know and I'll dig out my thumb drive and send you the info...it'll just take a little time to find it. And, you don't have to go to the class to get the info....but it is a great class, particularly if you're new to big rigs and air brakes.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
By the way, you should have gotten a CD with some Spartan maintenance and user info on it when you got your coach. Should have been in the owner case of manuals. I found mine long with the hub tool in my upper right bulkhead storage area. The CD for me was in a 6X10" plastic folder.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #13

DSL417 I Emailed Scott at Spartan and Joyce at Entegra and talked to both today. Scott is to send me some information. Will wait and see if not all I need I will let you know. Thanks for the help. I did get a CD with my coach but the Spartan manual was very little help to a person that does their own work. I did not know what chassis it was. This is my 3th diesel with cummins, but first on a Spartan chassis. My Email is cj43270@yahoo.com if some one has any thing that would help a new Spartan chassis owner to keep it running good.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #14

I received an Email from Scott at Spartan to day and he sent me a chart of major component information /maintenance filters and belts and said he can not send me the thumb drive as it is reserved for people that goes thru the class. So if any one would be willing to send me one I would gladly pay all expenses. I want to start all my maintenance in Sept. when I go back to AZ..

Tags
chassis, spartan