Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #1

Tag axle rocker switch

I am having a helluva time finding this rocker switch for my tag axle. 2005 safari panther (spartan). Most switches DO NOT have "4 and 2" connections and i can't find a comparable switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

bugman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2021, 03:00 PM   #2

Try Grainger.
jb
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:12 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
They are Carling Technology V-Series Contura II.
You can find them online from various sources. You just need to match up the pins.
Try Northwest RV supply.
http://www.nwrvsupply.com/category/170.html
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:43 PM   #4

tag switch

I have 2 carling switches go bad on my 2005 RV: a "VLD1 20a 12v 18v lamp" with 8 plugs on the back. this operates my generator in/out and all slides. The other is "v4d1 20a 12v 18v lamp t8(+) to t7(-) 12v t6(+) to t7(-) with 6 plugs on the back for my tag axle raising up. Nobody carries this specific pattern of tabs on the back of the switch. And I have spoken with NW - I love those people and he looked through all his bins. sooo.....
Attached Images

bugman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:48 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When I searched it seemed like more characters were needed to narrow things down. Also it would help if you described how the switch is supposed to operate (e.g., momentary vs set-and-forget; are they backlit; what are the operable settings (off, on, on) / (on, off, on) etc.

Just looking for 8 pins on the back of an VLD1 switch gets a link like this one: https://rockerswitchpros.com/product/vld1-ax0b/.

Another source I have used a few times https://www.otrattw.net/ for my Carling switches.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:06 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman01 View Post
I am having a helluva time finding this rocker switch for my tag axle. 2005 safari panther (spartan). Most switches DO NOT have "4 and 2" connections and i can't find a comparable switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I’ve bought Carling switches from Digi Key. You may have luck there.

Tags
switch, tag axle