Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2021, 02:38 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Testing Engine Brake level switch. low med high

I have an issue with my Engine Brake level switch. I took it into a Cummins shop and had it placed on the Insite system. When turned on, the only level I am getting is 100% no matter if low medium or high is selected. Is there a write-up anywhere that explains how to properly test the switch to make sure that is the problem?

This is on a 2017 Entegra Cornerstone with a Cummins ISX 600 and Allison 4000 transmission
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2021, 02:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
My Engine Brake only has one level. 100%. I took it into a Cummins shop and had it placed on the Insite system and verified. Is there a write-up anywhere that explains how to properly test the switch? From what the tech told me, the switch should show something like 30%, 60%, or 100% depending on which level is selected.

Sorry, we have NO IDEA what engine/year model/chassis you have.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
Sorry, we have NO IDEA what engine/year model/chassis you have.
Sorry you were faster on responding than I was on editing. Was making changes giving that detail and shortened up the post a little.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:01 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
After calling Spartan, Cummins, then finally figured out the switch inside the cab is provided by Entegra. Called them and got a pin layout of the switch. Can not go strictly by the drawing though. The pins in the drawing depict the function not the actual pin location. Go by the pin number on the switch. Tested out fine so something more serious and beyond me.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:06 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Solved: The switch was fine. Spartan provides 3 different Engine Brake connectors in their wiring harness and it is up to the coach mfg to plug the right one into the switch. Depending on the switch function, they need to select the correct connector. All of the connectors same size and etc. Tech just plugged the correct connector in and everything works as expected!

Tags
brake, engine, switch, test