Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > Motorcycles, Bikes & Buggys
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:33 AM   #253

National RV Owners Club
MC lift

Great, my wife and I are new RV'rs and have been looking into the Hydro-lift and Cruiser lift with confusion from reading other forums of weather or nnot our Sea Breeze can handle the 750 to 800 lb Heritage springer. Now you've given me a little more hope to keep looking into going with a lift. I like what you recommended on having it welded to the main frame, my thoughts have been the same. Please let me know if you have any other inputs from your experience, all info would be helpful. I need to get the weight think calculated and make sure the frame will support it.
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:09 AM   #254

Schmitty, Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy it here. I have a Sportster, but when we travel with the MH, we take the car.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #255

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
No need to repeat what has already been said but I like the idea my bike is clean when I arrive. I tow my VStar in an enclosed trailer. The bike is always out of the weather and ready to ride.
RoamNRnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #256

I built a lift for my Hayabusa. It adds only 2' to our 30' Itasca so we can go almost anywhere a car can go -- and importantly -- back up easily or do a 3 pt turn when needed.

The bike is covered with 'tuperware' so clean up is 5 minutes and 1 gal of water when we arrive. When needed we simply pick up a rental car on the way in.
Invent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitty View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new here and found this forum, noticed there has not been any post since Feb.. Was there ever a forum created specifically for MC/RV?
Would be interested in it, I am a Harley owner and just got my first MH 33ft Sea Breeze and getting ready to drive and ride.

Schmitty
Hi Schmitty,

Welcome and Happy Trails! I dunno why no one has posted, perhaps a long winter? Folks moving North or preparing to from the South? In any case I am sure there will be more posts as we get into the season! I currently own the opposite of your HD, a Kawi ZX10R, which I use as my all around ride. I put it in the bed of the toad, a Dakota, and travel in that manner. We all have approached the how to carry a motorcycle in different innovative ways and it has been good to share. Keep posting as I am sure this sleepy corner will become more busy as we get into the season.
Moto
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #258

Appalachian Campers
I'm on the same end of the spectrum as Phil, Buell 1125R. I use a ramp to run it up into the bed of the truck when I'm towing, but it's the touring, crusing, track day weapon. I get strange looks when I have the saddlebags, tail bag, tank bag and GPS mounted.

Welcome and stay safe!
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight View Post
I'm on the same end of the spectrum as Phil, Buell 1125R. I use a ramp to run it up into the bed of the truck when I'm towing, but it's the touring, crusing, track day weapon. I get strange looks when I have the saddlebags, tail bag, tank bag and GPS mounted.

Welcome and stay safe!
Yup, "Heretic" Ninja does have an effect on folks when bags, tankbag and back seat stuff are put on. What a ride tho!
Moto
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #260

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a open flatbed trailer that we haul the EGC around on for now. We are resto/mod'ing a 65 GMC G10 cargo van for a Harley Hauler/toad in the future.

This is a really old pic, but you can get the general direction.

mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #261

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just thought I'd add to the post count here. Although I ride year round for the most part I'm really digging the spring so far. We took the RV out for the first time this season last weekend and left the bike at home with the rain that was predicted and that arrived on schedule.

Motorcycling is our first passion but we decided that we wanted to go farther west so we bought the bike it's own motor home and went with the Damon outlaw. With the queen size bed up above and separate from the garage we have the same floor plan as most class A's only with a garage for two bikes.

The full height ramp makes a great patio deck the way I set it up as well. I do appreciate having my bike in an enclosed environment when we travel since if it's nice enough to clean the bike, it's nice enough to be riding.

DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #262

National RV Owners Club
I guess winter time is our hibernation time, but watch out, we're waking up and getting everything ready to ride.
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #263

National RV Owners Club
With the nicer weather, we are out and about on the bike. We added a Mustang seat over the Winter. Much better!!
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #264

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We just got 8 more inches of snow Thursday, thought that I would take a ride this weekend.....................not now. It should melt off quick though.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:21 AM   #265

National RV Owners Club
Yep, heard that on the news last night up their in the low pressure area. Hopefuly it'll be the end of it, but I've seen it snow here in June once a long time ago.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:38 AM   #266

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Happy Spring Yall, we are still making the transition from snowmobile camp to traveling moterhome with the bike behind us, got lucky and moved the moho out on a good cold night, things warmed up fast up north this year and I was getting worried about being stuck in the mud season. Caught a break and everything is home. What a life, thank you God, sleds, bikes, moho's all come together, the moho gets used year round. Now it's worth the payment, lol

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv