Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > Motorcycles, Bikes & Buggys
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Where are you riding now or next?

I'd love to hear everyone's current riding stories, or plans for rides this spring/summer/fall. DH (Dear Husband) is competing in vintage trials competition this weekend at Turkey Rock, CO... and sadly, our Beemer hasn't been out on the road yet this year. Soon, though... and in our own neighborhood... riding to Telluride or just a short ride to the lakes nearby are in our near future! What are you doing or have planned?

Brenda, of...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2009, 05:48 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Betty and I will be visiting the NC mountains during the last two weeks of June. The Springer will be our primary means of transportation as we move around the region.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
jww

We are headed to the Ozarks in June. Try to make the trip at least once per year. Mountain Home, Mountain View, Eureka Springs.....the cool morning air. Hard to stay here in the office just thinking about it. The vintage bikes will stay home on this one. Will be enjoying the Ultra Classic.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
I really don't know, I tend to stay in the general N Ga S Tn areas simply because that's close and money's tight.

When it's in the budget I'm wanting to take a ride up the Atlantic coast and back. Hit a few battlefields, Independence Hall, places like that.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Summertime riding in Texas isn't for the faint of heart! I generally try to get some day (or even morning) trips in here in SE Texas when the temperatures cooperate. Come October and November, riding season starts. You'll find me in the Texas Hill Country heading for the 3 twisted sisters (FM335, FM336 and FM337), the Devil's backbone and other great motorcycle roads. My weapon of choice - a 2007 BMW K1200GT.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #6
jww

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight View Post
I really don't know, I tend to stay in the general N Ga S Tn areas simply because that's close and money's tight.

When it's in the budget I'm wanting to take a ride up the Atlantic coast and back. Hit a few battlefields, Independence Hall, places like that.
North Jaw Ja, now thats some great riding!!! Spend a few weeks a year in the Cleveland Ga. area. Have riden the bikes in the area, but most of our time there is spent with my other passion.....'34 Fords.
I figure you've made a pass or two over "blood mountain".
Old 05-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jww View Post
North Jaw Ja, now thats some great riding!!! Spend a few weeks a year in the Cleveland Ga. area. Have riden the bikes in the area, but most of our time there is spent with my other passion.....'34 Fords.
I figure you've made a pass or two over "blood mountain".
Been there several times, but not lately. The guys that treat it like a racetrack have really raised the LEO attention. Richard Russell Parkway is still good, but I typically go 60 through Suches, pick up 68 to Tellico Plains, over to Reliance, 30 to the Ocoee River, down to Blue Ridge for fried pies at Merciers orchard. 550 miles door to door for pie? Why not.

Here's the route I take. Borrowed with permission from a buddy the lives there.

sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #8

rides

We are going to the Sturgis Rally this year in August. Last time I rode mine but this time we are going to drag it behind the MH and ride from Custer Mountain campground to all the interesting sights.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Next week we will be going to Lake Isabella, up the 395 and then skirting around the Sierra's. There is a 1st anual poker run with a 89 mile loop in the mountains. Should be fun.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:39 AM   #10

I've got to get me a Chinese Scooter or at the very least an Italian scoot. Have not been on a scooter since 1966. I figure we could get this going between the mods and the rockers. I am attracted to the Supermotards as well, but........
The Beemer fills in the gaps for now. Riding in CO has got to be one of the greatest rides as well. RT 149 out of South Fork or 550 out of Durango, a definite YES!
Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #11

Roger that!
Million dollar highway out of Durango thru Ouray is one of my best rides ever.

Up for consideration -even though we've done it before-is:
basecamp in Morro Bay, CA and ride Big Sur to Monterey (awesome); and
basecamp in Cedar City, UT and ride thru Zion and Bryce

highly recommend all 3 of these rides
Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
This is our summer of memorials. We are doing a PGR ride on Sunday and will be heading to Spokane Washington to do a ride in memory of my wife's brother who had a heart attack while riding his beautiful custom painted Goldwing trike last fall. If time permits we plan to ride over to North Idaho.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
At the end of August we will be meeting a groups of riding friends in Merced, CA. We will spend the night and then ride through Yosemite National Park, ending up in Bridgeport, CA meeting up with other riding friends. From there we'll ride to Sonora Pass and head on home from there. It will be a nice 3 day weekend of riding.

The wife is thinking she wants here own bike. Time to get her inrolled in a MSF course to see if thats whatshe wants o explore!
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #14

We will be in Bend Or towards the end of August, early Sep.

Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote