Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:59 AM   #1

Triple E Owners Club
'07 Mirada Q300 30 footer - any issues?

A Mirada Q300 has popped up near me and at a good price. No slides which is fine as it is one less thing to go wrong - we won't be living in it an 2-3 weeks on the road is probably the most we'll (older couple + 2 cats) do.

It's a 2007 on a Ford F53 chassis. Am I right to assume that the heads on the Triton have been changed from the first iteration so spark plugs shouldn't be an issue?

Other issue I have heard about is wheelbase as proportion of overall length. I have read elsewhere that this model (or some other short Miradas) have too short a proportion (< 53%) which makes it less stable. Anyone have one and care to provide feedback on this?

Any other issues with the brand/build?

TheCatsRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2021, 08:51 AM   #2

Hi....this model was the first RV we had. We bought it new in '07 and, in fact, still have it. It's retired waiting for me to fix it up to sell.

The main thing that I remember about it was that it was a very good performer for a motorhome. As you know, it's very light with no slides and will really get up and go.

I removed the booth dinette and replaced with table and chairs which freed up a lot of space. The standard mattress is pretty bad so we replaced that too.

As far as issues, I don't remember any major ones. The coach currently has several areas of delamination so you should check for that. it's a pretty basic motorhome with no levelers or some of the nicer equipment but that stuff can always be added.

The handling was standard Ford F-53 until I added a rear track bar, and aux. rear sway bar. The Koni FSD shocks helped a lot. The lightweight chassis of this model year doesn't have a front track bar so I added that. Our first trip out of the box was a west to east drive in a 30 mph wind out of the south...white knuckles all the way. After adding the mods, it settled down to a quite enjoyable drive.

Be sure the brake fluid has been regularly changed. I neglected it and darn near lost the brakes.

Other than that, it's an entry level coach built in the last days before the sale of Coachmen to Forest River. But nothing to run from in my opinion.

Mike
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Thanks. This rig has the autoleveller jack system. I thought jacks were standard but evidently not.

The body appeared to be leak free except for some delam above the DS window.

Further consideration put on hold as the engine would not start (no crank) when we went to look at it.

TheCatsRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, mirada