Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2020, 02:15 PM   #1

20 Forester/Sunseeker Undermount Microwave

I've been looking for a possible replacement for my 03 minnie winnie and I'm puzzled by Forest River's placement of the microwave (mw) from above the stove to under the stove. We use our current eye level mw a lot and I don't don't think I want to be crawling on my hands and knees to see the keypad each time I want to use it. This is a fatal design flaw, to me, that will keep it out of my search for a new class c. Has anyone had experience with the new mw placement and is it a better location than above the stove?
Thanks for your imput.
Pete
Peat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #2

Pete,
I just got my 2020 and have not really used it yet but when it arrived after I ordered it I was surprised by the MW location and a couple other things. I’m 6’3” and I can tell you it will not see much use... no way I am bending over to use the thing. No really usable drawers for kitchen utensils either... only drawers are left of MW below sink and lower than MW door. If I knew it was coming this way I would have bought something else for sure.

Brian
papagyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:56 PM   #3

Brian,
Thanks for your response, it confirms my first impression of the new location. I wonder if the people designing the motorhomes have ever used one for any amount of time - or did they even ask customers if they wanted it under the stove top. Thanks again.
Pete
Peat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #4

undermount microwave

I'll throw in my 2 cents as a short person (5'2"). Yes, it's inconvenient to have to squat to use the microwave but when looking at some higher mounted ones I wouldn't feel safe reaching up over my head to remove a hot dish. There may not be a truly convenient height.
Ours is a microwave/convection & it seems to work well. We just got ours in July so I have to pull out the instructions to use the convection feature but so far-so good.
MikeAnnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:15 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Personnel I do not like the undermount MV. It does give you a bit more cabinet space as the stove disappears. My Class C RV has an overhead MV. An very HOT dishes getting removed can be an issue, but we have done OK.
Kind of have to decide if you want a used one with an overhead MV or go NEW. I hear ALL RV sales are expensive now. Both new and used. Dealers are not cutting deals...going with full prices.
Might just consider waiting. Deals go in cycles. Wait for a down cycle and cut a better deal.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave, sunseeker