Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #1

2005 Cross country

I let my coach batteries go too long, they should have been replaced a while ago. I finally replaced them but now my holding tank gauge panel that also has LPG level and battery level is not operating correctly. The holding tanks are showing full or 3/4 full, the battery is showing low and the LPG is not matching up the the gauge on the tank. I'm wondering if the batteries being low may have damaged a board or something go do with this panel. Any suggestions.
Mattera68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattera68 View Post
I let my coach batteries go too long, they should have been replaced a while ago. I finally replaced them but now my holding tank gauge panel that also has LPG level and battery level is not operating correctly. The holding tanks are showing full or 3/4 full, the battery is showing low and the LPG is not matching up the the gauge on the tank. I'm wondering if the batteries being low may have damaged a board or something go do with this panel. Any suggestions.
I have a 2006 SportsCoach-the panel should be similar if not the same.

I find that the holding tank indication is often incorrect, reading more full than actual. I've read that solids may coat the sensor and give erroneous indications at times. You can try and clean the sensor by placing ice cubes in the tank and driving around a bit. That tends to scour the sensor clean.

My LPG indication on the panel likewise seems to vary mostly with temperature. BTW, the LPG tank at ~3/4 full on it's gage reads full on the panel (there's an airspace left in the LPG tank on purpose). As the LPG gets used up, high temps outside indicate fuller. Opposite when cold.

Are your new batteries fully charged? -if so, they should read full green on the indicator panel.

I can't see how low batteries would have damaged the panel. But electronics are finicky. I don't know if this is helpful, but that's how mine work...

bill