Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2019, 08:32 AM   #1

2007 Cross Country 354MBS

I just bought a 2007 Cross Country 354MBS with only 9k miles. It wasn't lived in so I'm not sure what it spent its life doing. Anyway, I have numerous questions that are simply based on my ignorance I'm sure. Is this the place to start asking? I am not having much luck searching the web.

Thanks in advance
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #2

I have a sticker right below the switch panel as you walk in the door. It reads:
"you must disconnect the chassis electrical system whenever the engine will not be started for a period greater than 48 hours. the chassis disconnect switch is located in the rear engine compartment door."
I have searched high and low for this disconnect switch and can't find it anywhere. There is a disconnect switch on the panel by the door, but that appears to be for the coach batteries. Does anyone have a clue where the chassis disconnect switch might be. I'm not sure why they want it disconnected, but I thought I would at least try.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:07 PM   #3

I don't have the numbers with me but google "Coachmen phone number" and you should easily be able to reach them. They were able to send me some very helpful documents (not perfect but good for my 2011), and I have bought a few parts from them on a couple of occasions. Good Luck with your coach!
Old 04-16-2019, 07:10 AM   #4

I tried that and they said they don't have any documents dated "before the buyout".
Old 04-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #5

Well that sucks! The Coachmen wiring diagrams would be extremely nice to have.
At least you'll be able to get chassis info from Freightliner. I got a nice set of photos showing lube locations and other details of interest, ours for the asking.
Also, between Freightliner and Cummins you should be able to get all needed part numbers for air, fuel, & oil filters. At least it's something....
And, most appliances etc. are common to many motorhomes, so when needed you'll be able to get info on a/c, toilet, range, fridge....
I got some documentation with our bus and it included a list of components & appliances with Mfr and model numbers. I suppose you didn't get much of anything?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:06 AM   #6

I actually have all the books and diagrams. Although the wiring diagrams are so small I can't make out a lot of detail. I was hoping someone else would comment they had the same problem and the switch was actually located "xxx". Or maybe even someone comment that disconnecting chassis batteries isn't necessary. I guess I won't be so lucky.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:30 AM   #7

I have a 2007 Crosscountry I purchased new and keep it plugged up with no problems. We use our coach year round. There is a battery disconnect switch on the panel just inside the door, but have only used when disconnecting the batterys.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:39 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Chassis disconnect switch on my 2004 Cross Country is located in the rear engine bay above the radiator. The on and off dial switch prevents chassis battery drain similar to the house battery disconnect switch.
alstond78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:12 AM   #9

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'm assuming the sticker is there by default and they simply didn't put the switch on mine.

Thank you again
Old 06-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #10

I have a 2007 Crosscountry 354 MBS which we purchased new. I will be happy to help you anyway I can. I have probable experienced problems you may encounter.
Engine idler pully froze up.
AC Compressor froze up, only one belt so belt broke, shutdown stranded on side of I 10.
AC condensor fan stopped working which caused the compressor to freeze up. (It is located under the front of the coach in font of the front axle and is controlled by a relay in the compartment in front of the driver side front wheel.)
Windshield wipers were supplied by Wiper Technologies in Greensboro NC 27406 Phone 877-307-7059(Very good to deal with)
Old 06-05-2019, 06:58 AM   #11

Glad you mentioned the wipers. That was one of the questions on my list! Driver's side not acting right.
We rarely use the dash air since it doesn't hold a charge very well, but good to know.
Thanks so much
Old 06-07-2019, 07:11 PM   #12

We use our dash air most of the time and it does a reasonable job cooling until the outside temp gets above 90 usually until lunch. We then start the generator and run until we stop for the night. We would not be without the dash air.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:18 PM   #13

My friend has a 2007 sportscoach 377. Close to same machine. His disconnect is exactly as stated. Open the rear engine hatch, and it is near the top of the rad. Its a dial switch. He had problems with his wiper as well. It just needed tightened up. We stopped at a garage, and the mechanic came out with a large wrench and tightened it. We tried to tighten it, but though we would break it if we tightened it too much. The mechanic didn't seem to have any worries. That was three years ago, still working fine. I have travelled with them for two winters, so I am fairly familiar with his rv.