Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
2010 Georgetown 373DS Lippert unidirectional leveling jacks will not retract fully i

When first started up the engine after sitting idle for 6 winter months the jacks wouldn't seat up. I selected down to cycle them and then the motor burnt out. The jacks were down. I found I had hydraulic leak that nearly drained the reservoir and saturated and ruined the electrical motor for the pump. I replaced the pump seal and motor, reinstalled the hydraulic unit. The jacks extend but will not retract unless I disconnect the elect coil on the directional valve. The slide jacks retract fully but when selecting the levelling jacks they only retracted enough to rid of the MH weight and will not retract to the full up position. I thought the problem may be the directional valve is dry or stuck. The coil connected to the valve allows the valve to become extremely hot. Any selection on the slides or levellers in or out will only extend the units. Using the emergency retract mode for the levellers still won't retract the jacks full up. Does anyone out there know what could be wrong. Could there be silt from the low drained tank be causing the incorrect operation of the directional valve. I cleaned the valve and functioned it but it still gets hot and must be disconnected to retract. I am waiting for a new valve to arrive for installation. Could there be something I am missing for a rectification?
pr_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2017, 07:09 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I think I found the problem. The little black box (bout 1.5"x1"x.5" thick) in-line with the directional valve has shorted out the circuit allowing full extention of the jacks rather then to retract them. I read in a different post from folks with the same problem that the box should be acquired from a ford dealer and is used for the gear shift interrupter on some vehicles. I need a part # for it. The item on my system is made by Lippert and not suppled in a harness any more but incorporated in the controller. They suggest they send me a new harness and controller but need the part # of the controller. I can't find the controller where they insist is in an outside compartment and screwed to the ceiling. I told them that and haven't heard back from them. Does any one out there know where the controller is? if so please let me know. I have been trying to fix this problem for over a month now.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:57 AM   #3

Call Forest River and see if they can help you locate it. I found mine (by accident) in a storage compartment on the left side. It was mounted at the top of the compartment at the rear. Had I not been just doing cleaning, I wouldn't have found it.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #4

Same for me in my Damon. Small black box mounted to top of passenger side front compartment. Will try to get a picture of it.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
I will call FR tomorrow. Thanx for your reply
Bob
Old 06-02-2017, 01:27 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Forest River sen me a chart indicating where all the Georgetown class A should have the controller. It was where they indicated but behind some cosmetic panels. Tracing the "phone wires" from the touch pad by the driver console led me to the area identified by the chart but behind he other panels. I am now a happy camper and will be happier after Lippert sends me the new controller and harness.

Thanx to all you folks out there that helped and those with all the suggestions. This is a super site for stuff.
Bob

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, lippert, tow