Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #1

2016 Georgetown XL 369 Purchase

Hello all.

Just purchase a GT XL 369 last Friday at MHSRV.COM south-west of Dallas that had only 4.200 miles on it. We traded in our 2012 Coachmen Freelander 32 bh house that is not up for sale on their website. Had one hell of a scare after arriving at the dealership. Salesmen ask me what was that hump on the top front of the RV and I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Come ot find out that between leaving home and arriving there, the front part of the siding was coming lost from the top of the RV and wind partially ripped it apart. To make a long short, I just knew that I was not going to be able to trade. However, the salesman got approval for the trade and all I had to do was put in a claim with my insurance company and pay them my deductible and the rest is history.

Here is my review.

1. My wife loves the combo wife and dryer. Took a while to understand how it worked because I didn't have the manual handy. I could have done without, but in order to save our marriage, it was was on the must have list.

2. Love the bath and a half floorplan. Big full bath in the rear with two glass bowl sinks/shower and plenty of space in the mid half bath.

3. Nice to have full porcelain and not tile flooring.

4. Residential fridge is great! Love the size compared to our old refrigerator.

5. Lots of storage inside and out....However, kitchen area storage is on the slim side.

6. My hearing is not as good as it uses to be. Home theater surround sound system is out of this world! However, have not figure out how to use the surround sound in TV mode

7. Love the L-Shape Sectional couch location in from of the TV that is over the fireplace. It also has 2 recliners in the couch, which is a nice touch, and the entire couch jacknife's into a bed.

8. Forward overhead bunk is manual and it is twin size, which is much smaller that the other overhead bunk that we had in our coackmen. However, it is easy to use and has a 200lb restriction, which means that I can not sleep up there.

9. The front curved windshield is very large....and the view is like watching a IMAX movie!

10. Temp was hitting over 100 degrees after we set up in OKC after returning from Dallas. Dual a/c seem to work find. Not sure how the gas heater with heat strips is going to work since we have not used it as of yet.

11. King bed (SERTA) is comfortable. However, we upgrade it with a 4 inch memory foam bedding pad that I got for about 1/2 price at Good Sams.

12. Love the Auto hydraulic jacking system. Other RV did not have a jack system

13. 22.5" tires and aluminum wheels lppls really nice. Hope that I am still saying that after I have to replace the tires down the road.

14. Onan is rear mounted see to be really quiet. Had a problem on the way back to OK because we could not turn the house air on with the generator running. Some to find out that there are two 30 amp circuit breakers on the front of the generator and one of them was in the off position. Once I flipped the switch, I could the house air worked just fine.

16. As stated, is has an electric fireplace below the TV, we have not tried it yet other then to turn it on for a moment. But it looks great.

17. Love the full body paint. Not much more that I can say.

18. Have not tried out the convection microwave and oven as of yet.

19. Outside TV has bluetooth and aux inputs seem to work great during technical inspection. Other that, have not watch it.

20. Electric awning with LED lights

21. It has a propane line on the passenger side. So that is great because I have several portable grills and I don't have to worry about purchasing those portable LP gas containers in the future.

The negatives.....

1. None of the TV will work on the road unless you have the generator on.

2. There is only one DVD player onboard and it is built into the entertainment center that is on the dashboard. As far as I can tell, the TV in the Bed Room has no DVD player and I don't think that it is linked to the DVD player on the Dashboard.

3. Dash Air isn't cool. Then again, temperature was up to 106 degrees when we using it on the road. Plan to have it check out anyway.

4. Wiil try and upload photos later. Getting ready to head back to OKC for wife family reunion.

If you have any question or comments, feel free to post or contact me

Charles
Nupe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #2

Congratulation Charles,

Hope that you will have many great camping years on your new coach.

TL
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #3
WDW

Check the drain hose for the dash AC. Look on the passenger side for a tube. Might be blocked or have a kink. Blow some air up the tube.

It might fix it. Or needs a full service.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, tow