Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-13-2021, 02:27 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2021 Coachmen Pursuit 29SS

Hi guys!

I'm getting sucked into helping my parents by a motorhome (again) and this time it's a 2021 Coachmen Pursuit 29SS.

I had them into a Winnebago 29VE and then they quashed the deal after I spent a lot of time on it.

This one is local, new, and the price looks much cheaper. I haven't seen it yet. Can anyone that has one or is familiar with them give me a thumbs up or thumbs down? Any advice would be appreciated as they are serious and it could be done quickly (by the sounds of it).
BobJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2021, 04:54 AM   #2

Got One

Hello, I bought that exact model in December of last year. I really like the 50 amp electrical system and the 12V Everchill fridge works great so far.

Now, I've only had it out for the first time last week but it performed great. All systems worked as designed and I had zero issues that had to be referred to the dealer.

Although some consider it a "starter unit" I find it to be perfect for us (two people, retired). As you probably know, it sleeps up to six (but not if they are tall), but I will say the queen bed in the back is very comfortable.

Happy to help if you have any further questions.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Awesome! Thanks for the info

I went out and looked at it yesterday and almost nothing came to mind that was wrong or bad. The toilet should be upgraded and it needed a satellite dish. That was about it. Oh, and one big thing, the listing shows solar, there is a panel on the roof wired in, but we could not, for the life of us, find the solar controller! We looked everywhere but could not get the slide out as there was an issue with the jacks.

I also did not find any circuit breakers or a breaker box. So we still have no clue where the solar controller is supposed to be or where the circuit box is
Old 04-15-2021, 07:00 AM   #4

It's There

My solar controller is in the first (or maybe second) storage compartment on the passenger side (pic attached).

Breaker box is on the rear bed pedestal (right behind the pocket bedroom entry door). Push on brown cover to reveal breakers.

Safe travels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	controller.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	325035  
Old 04-15-2021, 09:48 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fantastic!

In the first compartment there was quite a bit of moisture (condensation) and it was empty but there was a wiring harness with two connectors sitting there. There was also 4 screws ying there.

They said when it arrived they had to replace one of the compartment doors. It may be they removed the solar controller. The slide was not out so we could not see the bedroom very easily.

They are also replacing one of the AC units as it was not getting very cold. They did not have a chance to PDI it so we saw it more/less just as it arrived from the US with 2,200 miles on it. That's really good information, thanks for posting it because it fills in some of the gaps
Old 04-15-2021, 10:48 AM   #6

You Are Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Fantastic!

That's really good information, thanks for posting it because it fills in some of the gaps

Glad to have the chance to give back to the forum since I've gained so much help from others.

Enjoy!
Old 04-15-2021, 01:26 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you - one last thing, I did not see an inverter either. Do these units have an inverter?
Old 04-16-2021, 02:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Thank you - one last thing, I did not see an inverter either. Do these units have an inverter?

It does not. Ironically, in the upper interior cabinet, by the entrance door, where the HDMI cable bundle is located, I found a couple of 12v wire leads (one red, one white). I've wondered what I could use them for.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:22 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Kayakist - hopefully you're still out there

We're going to test drive it tomorrow and I'm trying like mad to bring this deal to a close for my parents.

Are you sure your solar controller was on the passenger side? On ours there is a wiring harness with two connectors going nowhere in the first compartment on the drivers side. That is also the compartment where I found the 4 screws lying there.

What I'm getting at is I'm quite sure that's where it goes as the screws were just lying there. But in your pic there are only 4 single wires going to it. This makes me wonder what the two electrical connectors were for. Do you have the same connectors lying there?
Old 04-20-2021, 05:22 AM   #10

Hi

Quote:
Hi Kayakist - hopefully you're still out there

We're going to test drive it tomorrow and I'm trying like mad to bring this deal to a close for my parents.

Are you sure your solar controller was on the passenger side? On ours there is a wiring harness with two connectors going nowhere in the first compartment on the drivers side. That is also the compartment where I found the 4 screws lying there.

What I'm getting at is I'm quite sure that's where it goes as the screws were just lying there. But in your pic there are only 4 single wires going to it. This makes me wonder what the two electrical connectors were for. Do you have the same connectors lying there?

We're camping in ours right now. The solar controller is on the passenger side. On the drivers side is a Lippert hydraulic leveler module on the top of the compartment with three harnesses going to it (multiple wires). I can't take a picture as my phone is not working right now.

Hope all goes well.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:44 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayakist View Post
It does not. Ironically, in the upper interior cabinet, by the entrance door, where the HDMI cable bundle is located, I found a couple of 12v wire leads (one red, one white). I've wondered what I could use them for.
Hi Kayakist!

Sorry I missed your post, I did not get an email notification

The deal on the 2021 fell through because they botched the satellite install. They stuck it in the middle of the roof where it will hit the sewer vent and the skylight vent.....

In the end, we went out of province and bought a new old stock 2020 with the 2019 Ford Chassis. So we did the cheap handling fix (amazing!) and have been getting it ready. I ordered up a satellite dome (tracks while driving) and will install it myself. That one is only 10 pounds and looks to be an easy install.

The three wires you are talking about are likely to power the satellite dish. If you look on your roof, at the front, you will see a stainless plate that says Winegard on it. That is the factories pre-installed wiring for the satellite dish should you want to install one. Our dish has not shown up yet but my guess is that the cable line and those 3 wires in that one cabinet run directly up to the roof for a dish install. I'll know for sure when we do ours.

This unit (the 2020) does not have a roof mounted solar panel. So we are likely going to install one, probably a residential unit as they put out something like 500 watts. We will likely also install an inverter.

Anyway, we're getting it all tricked out and have removed almost every single rattle. I am quite certain we will be able to make it 100% rattle-proof. It appears to be a very well built unit constructed with modern techniques (likely designed with CAD).

Anything I've had to tweak (locking latches not working etc) were all minor repairs with fine-tuning adjustment all that is required. This tells me clearances are very accurate, and that's a good sign.

Overall, I'm very impressed. Even without the handling fix it was pretty good and that Ford V10 has a lot of power. I also had to re-align the steering wheel as it was off one spline. Bottom line, a couple of days of easy/fun work and it's paying massive dividends. This one is for my Dad, he's 86, and we're making it perfect for him.

Thanks very much for the help! Btw, I had to deal with Forest River for some minor warranty issues (front engine compartment latches/locks are seized beyond repair) and they were excellent. I mentioned I really didn't want the dealer wrecking it and they just asked for the serial number and sent out the parts - easy-peasy.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:00 AM   #12

Hello Bob, glad to hear everything worked out well for you. Sounds like you're quite the mechanic, I'm not as handy.

Thanks for the input on the extra wires. That makes sense.

Take care.

Tags
coachmen