Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:41 PM   #1

2022 Forest River 32DS build quality

Recently purchased 2022 Forest River 32DS, second time purchasing new RV made by Forest River. While somewhat aware of the potential issues presented with a new RV and particularly having experience with Forest River quality; Iím disappointed to say the least. The common phrase ďItís an RV, what did you expectĒ in referring to the common issues one may experience in buying what is essentially a house on wheels, is still no excuse for lack of quality when buying brand new and the purchase price exceeds $100k. The house interior on the FR3 appears to be ďslapped togetherĒ on these things, literally trim pieces fell off simply by bumping into them. Held together with a staples. I wonít go the numerous minor issues I discovered on our initial trip, however in considering what I would come to discover I canít help but wonder what else I can expect to find in the near future (hopefully within the first year while the house is still under warranty). Upon driving off the lot, I turned on the dash a/c and noted it blows luke warm air, as the dash heater is the same and doesnít get hot. Upon taking the RV back for warranty repair regarding this issue, I was informed the factory failed to install the heater/ac control valve. I was told this is certainly a house issue and not a Ford matter, as otherwise the dealer wouldnít even consider completing the warranty repair. Moreover, the RV was driven from the factory to the dealer (2000 miles) and therefore the issue was surely discovered during that trip, yet the RV was still offered for sale. Itís concerning the factory would not check to ensure proper parts were installed in building these things, as my RV remains in the shop now over two weeks with my first payment having arrived for something we havenít been able to enjoy. The factory also did not install a rear ladder, preventing roof access. I told the reason being is because the factory has a shortage of ladders and this is now common for 2022 models given the demand for new RVs? Quite ridiculous, why even deliver it to be sold until the proper equipment is installed. Iím not if I have any recourse in obtaining a rear ladder from the factory or if I will need to purchase after market. The propane (25 gallons) was also depleted within two days at the snow. Concerned there may be a leak, as Iíve used my previous 24 gallon propane tank RV for 5 days with the heater on nightly and did not run out of propane. Anyone else experienced similar issues with a 2022 model whereas parts simply were not installed?
Ft332ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2022, 10:53 PM   #2

The build quality debacle is common across most all new RV's built since 2008. It really makes no difference in the cost of the unit until you approach the seven figure price range. The issues are minimum wage labor, cheaply made components, demanding production schedules, and buyers willing to settle for poorly assembled products.
Oregonpharme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, quality