Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2020, 11:59 PM   #1

Cable Splitter Location

Can anyone tell me where the coaxial cable splitter is located in a 2020 Coachmen Mirada 29FW. I just picked this unit up and I'm having trouble connecting a satellite system using the park cable connection.

Thanks in advance for your help
Hatrick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2020, 07:49 AM   #2

I don't know where it's at in your coach, but I would suggest that you look at your amplifier/TV/Cable coax out box.

There are threads here that show how to bypass the amp configuration so you can use the cable input. Providing that the cable input goes straight from the input (outside) to the amplifier/Antenna/Cable box.

Most of the coaches use a splitter that is 0-1000 mhz instead of the 0-2.4Ghz satellite freq.

I'll try to find the posts and forward to you.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:41 PM   #3
NXR

Do you have the MovieVision switch box? It allows changing the input between TV/Cable/Satellite.

My splitter is behind my Precision Plex touchscreen but I suspect that depends on your floor plan. If you have the MovieVision switch box the splitter probably is close by.

Ray
Old 07-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
You cannot use that connection for a satellite dish. Run the cable from the dish straight to the receiver through a window.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:13 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
You cannot use that connection for a satellite dish. Run the cable from the dish straight to the receiver through a window.
This is true! My Forest River Forester is wired badly by the factory. They fail to give customers a useable Satellite exterior connection. So I run mine through a window to my receiver.

I called FR customer support. They sent me a diagram. It was also useless. I tired for hours to follow it and it never did work for me. Gave up. Run the dish cable in through a window.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:57 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick01 View Post
Can anyone tell me where the coaxial cable splitter is located in a 2020 Coachmen Mirada 29FW. I just picked this unit up and I'm having trouble connecting a satellite system using the park cable connection.

Thanks in advance for your help
Open up your 3 front storage cabinets above the driver and passenger seats. Inside 2 of them should be removable back walls. More than likely, behind the right side cabinet is going to be the splitter. Your're going to run into all kinds of wiring and insulation too.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:37 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Look for the splitter at the tv connection boxes?
Old 08-06-2020, 04:59 PM   #8

i have a 2019 Miranda 29fw and the cable splitter are in the access panel on the wall above the passengers window
scottdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:34 PM   #9

Wouldn't take much to add a connector.....this 2010 came with seperate connectors, so the factory knows how to install them....I've added 6....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote