Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2022, 05:57 AM   #1

Angry Coachmen class a -12 volts

Hello ! Long time reader . First time poster . Love this forum. I have a strange situation going on .I Have a 2000 Catalina 330MBS . On a F53 Chassis . I have been having problems with some stuff electrical stuff not working . I have all new coach and chassis batteries installed . Replaced all of the solenoids -battery relays . And still have this problem . Some of the 12V stuff will not work unless the ignition key is turned on. I need to go thru all of my fuses again . Roof vent fan ,tv preamp . Even the rear A/C will not work (even on fan) . Unless the ignition is turned on ? Weird ? Once the ignition key is turned on . Everything works . Of course there are no wiring diagrams for this unit anywhere. Anybody have any idea ? Thanks in advance .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KIT AT LUKES.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	466.4 KB
ID:	369441  
Mark Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2022, 12:05 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Not to be too flip about it... unless you're an electrician, get yourself one. Some of those 12v items are wired through a circuit that goes through your ignition - I know.. I'm Mr. Obvious right now.

I think a competent electrician should be able to walk through each problem item and test for power or if there is any other issue to be noted and then wire it to a hot lead. Money will solve this problem, for sure.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 12:13 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Reads like you have a few prior owner alterations and after 22 years of service I'm not surprised. I think you're going to need to get a good test light and a line tracer and map out the circuits to noodle this one out.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:03 AM   #4

Thanks for your input . Just wanted to check first before digging into it. I have built cars , houses and tons of computers and such. Just will have to start from scratch and test everything . Always finding something new and exciting on this thing. It's just dumb that you can't find any documentation on this. Otherwise would be a piece of cake . Thanks ! I appreciate your time and input !
Old 07-01-2022, 05:57 AM   #5

Have you emailed Coachmen Service to see if they have any wiring diagrams for your coach? Mine is a lot newer and I got all the diagrams from them with just one email. Can't sat for sure they will have one being it's a 2000 but it's worth a shot. Just returned from the Coachmen Rally and I can say the service Dept. is very responsive even if the coach was purchased used. They fixed a couple of issues we were having without question.
John58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 06:54 AM   #6

Yes . I have talked to Jason Brewer at Coachmen a few times. I even bought a few hard to find body parts from them. I don't think you can do that now? I think only some of the dealers/service people have the wiring diagrams . And they will only keep them for their own use . Coachmen lost a lot of that documentation when they were bought out by Forest River . No where to be found . My coach was owned by a older couple. They must have had a few people work on it . That did not know what they are doing .. Of course .. I bought it from Camping World . That is another long painful story . My wife has been dealing with cancer . So I have not had much time to dig into it yet .Have had it since 2017 . And only used it twice .Probably time to give up on it and sell it . Thanks for all of your help .

Tags
12 volt, class a, coachmen