Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2022, 12:21 PM   #1

Coachmen Encore outside speakers

We have a 2022 Encore with outside speakers in the awning arms. Due to the fact that there is no owners manual and the two manuals that I downloaded don't address this, I have no idea on how to turn them on and off.
ron48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2022, 01:39 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron48 View Post
We have a 2022 Encore with outside speakers in the awning arms. Due to the fact that there is no owners manual and the two manuals that I downloaded don't address this, I have no idea on how to turn them on and off.

There's a bluetooth head unit somewhere in your rig that controls those speakers. You need to turn it on and connect something to it. We had a Coachmen and it was just inside the door and had BOSS in big bold white letters on it. It was next to the Xantrex controller and bunch of switches. Yours might be in one of the overhead bins if it isn't next to the door. Power it up and you should be able to see it show up on your phone's bluetooth screen.
Old 04-21-2022, 09:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post
There's a bluetooth head unit somewhere in your rig that controls those speakers. You need to turn it on and connect something to it. We had a Coachmen and it was just inside the door and had BOSS in big bold white letters on it. It was next to the Xantrex controller and bunch of switches. Yours might be in one of the overhead bins if it isn't next to the door. Power it up and you should be able to see it show up on your phone's bluetooth screen.
Thank you for your response. I've looked for that blue tooth switch everywhere and can't locate it. I guess that I will stop at the dealer when I get home.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Thank you for your response. I've looked for that blue tooth switch everywhere and can't locate it. I guess that I will stop at the dealer when I get home.
Which model do you have?

On the 325SS there is a BOSS panel inside the entry door near the floor. That controls the outdoor speakers. Holding the power button changes it from red (which is connected to the TV for sound) to Blue (which is bluetooth) and back.

I can go into more details if you like? Is there not a BOSS manual in the paperwork?
Paul L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:14 PM   #5

BOSS

Thanks Paul. There isn't a BOSS switch at the entrance with all of the other switches. There were no instructions either...even when I downloaded two different "Owners Manuals". The manuals are generic and not much help.

I checked the "satellite" box above the entrance and the main control panel midships but came up empty. Nothing on the dash either.

I haven't had the chance to take it to the dealer yet so that may be my last best chance to get some answers.
Old 05-13-2022, 03:26 PM   #6

Which model do you have?
Old 05-14-2022, 06:43 AM   #7

Model

325SS
Old 05-18-2022, 10:14 AM   #8

Quote:
325SS
What do you have inside the entry door near the floor? Should be a switch to kill the coach batteries along with other items (mine has that anyway)
Old 05-18-2022, 11:11 PM   #9

Coachmen outdoor speakers

I'm not really good with computers. I've tried to attach a photo of the entrance to the coach. If the photo didn't come through, I have the Xantrex, a double switch for the step/light and compartment lights, a double switch for the entry light and awning light and a round switch for the battery. That's all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coachman Encore.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	365936  
Old 05-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #10

Picture came through fine. That is where BOSS unit is located.

I do know Coachmen changed configurations multiple times during production due to supply issues. The next thing I would do is remove the outside TV and see if there are RCA cables going back into the coach form it. If so, follow those cables under the sink and see where they go. If no cables, maybe the speakers are powered off of the dash radio or a radio somewhere else in the coach.

Sorry I am not much more help with that. If you were near Austin I would pop by and find it for you
Old 05-20-2022, 05:01 AM   #11

Paul:

Thank you for your information. I'm sure that we will figure this out. I just bought the coach in November so I think that I will let General RV take care of it.

Ron
Old 05-21-2022, 06:37 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
You may not have the Bluetooth receiver installed. Your unit may have been shipped without all components. I was just at my dealer he had a brand new Lone Wolf fiver that was delivered from manufacturer incomplete. It was ordered with a genset and three tvs. It was missing the Genet and two of the tvs. Forest River has sent the genset and comped the buyer for the tvs. They are shipping units incomplete trying to fill orders. I would call the manufacturer to find out if the transmitter was installed.
SeaBreazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:11 AM   #13

Thumbs up outdoor speakers

Thank you for that information. You are correct, I have the coach at General RV and they have determined that it was never installed.

They are addressing several other issues this week and I hope to be camping before the holiday weekend.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:46 PM   #14

I just found out that the awning installed on my coach is not wired for the speaker. They discontinued installing that awning in February of 2021 but continued using their existing stock of speaker awnings. My unit was supposed to have a compass awning but they were out of stock at the time. Hopefully this will be of help to someone else.

Tags
coachmen, speakers