Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2016, 06:24 PM   #1

Coachmen Mirada 35LS Satellite connection old technology

For those of you considering the purchase of a Mirada, be aware that all of the TVs are cabled for an SD satellite signal. I had a Dish Trav'ler and two VIP 211z boxes installed. To get an HD signal the technician had to run coax over the roof from the Satellite dish and then drill through the roof into the coach where the TVs are located. He slaved the outside tv to one of the boxes, so the outside tv will be an SD signal, which is okay with me. I had to replace all three Sony DVD players as they had composite connections, which is last century technology and they would not play Blu Ray DVDs. Hard to believe a 2016 mh (with 1080p HD TVs) was factory wired for old technology. The Coachmen engineers need to bring this mh into the current century by wiring for HD using HDMI cabling,etc. I suspect this is a money deal and FR is trying to save a few bucks. Love the mh, but this issue irritates me to no end. The technician said the new Winnebago/Itasca motorhomes are wired right out of the factory for HD, for comparison' sake. I had the factory rep email me a wiring diagram, by the way. I wonder if Forrest River staff ever read these forums and realize that we, the end users, want new technology when we make this big of an investment.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I am wondering what wiring you are talking about. HDMI cables are not used coming from the Sat. That is RG6 cable normally. The problem you are probably having is splitters were put in to go from front to back and to O/S TV. Sat Systems do not use conventional splitters. But you should be able to get to these if you have the wiring diagram and use the Dish style splitters. I am not as familiar with them as Directv but I assume their technology is similar. Does Directv has wireless boxes that use a router style system that I have to bypass the internal front to rear wiring that would not work. Good luck.

Toad 2011 Buick Enclave
Det Barney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, coachmen, mirada, satellite