Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2021, 04:27 AM   #1

Considering a Coachmen RVMirada 29FW

Greetings,
We are considering this coach for our first MH.
Looking used no more than 4 years old.
Wanted to know if any known issues and how Coachmen's customer service is for used rigs.

Thanks
santanig5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2021, 06:52 AM   #2

I have a 2019 Mirada Select and believe Coachmen to be slightly above average for RVs in this price point. That is not saying much as almost all of the RV manufacturers have good intentions but poor quality control. Coachmen customer service is available and reachable.....but unfortunately, you will have to use them as their dealership network is at best mediocre. Most folks with severe issues find factory service to be the best recourse.

If this will be your first RV, you may find models built before 2020 to be better quality...but not all. The whole industry is talking about how crappy the current model year RVs are (2020-2022) no matter what model or style you look at. And there are the same issues with components like air conditioners, slide outs, levelers and electrical components like Wifi boosters and entertainment systems.

Just my .02 worth.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:42 AM   #3

We have been very happy with our 2011 Mirada 32DS. We full time in it and since we own lots in two class A parks, we meet owners of many makes. We seem to have fewer issues with our Mirada than owners of some very "high end" brands. I suggest that you include older years with the full body paint option. They look much better after a few years and are easier to color match when repairing scrapes and other damage.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:42 AM   #4

2019 Coachmen Mirada 29FW/ 2017 FJ cruiser

We have the 2019 FW and love it. have put 25K on it towing the FJ. have made a few upgrades to make it better.

1. Sumo Springs:
2. Steering stablizer
3. 400watts of Solar
4. 300Ah of Lithium batteries.
4 Tire pressure montioring
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2537.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	350458  
scottdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by santanig5 View Post
Greetings,
We are considering this coach for our first MH.
Looking used no more than 4 years old.
Wanted to know if any known issues and how Coachmen's customer service is for used rigs.

Thanks

We have a 2021 Mirada 35ES. I would drive the new chassis before you do anything if you can swing it. Most of the handling issues people struggle with I don’t have. It’s bangs on a bad road but that’s it. Trucks don’t push me around. Goes straight. Has never felt tippy. I one hand drive without a thought. Have never white knuckled except on tall bridges but that’s my fear. I love to drive it.

Quality wise nothing major. I had managed expectations going into a entry level rv. I’m still kind of amazed they can make such a complex thing for the price they do. But I’ve handled any punch list myself so far with coachmen sending me parts. New AC fan blade, roller for slide, roller plates. Big slide leaked water when driving in rain. Quick fix was I added pipe insulation to the gasket problem solved. Still looking for a bigger gasket. Coachmen just sent me the same size gasket I had and then said that was the biggest they had.

There are some absurd things that make you realize there is no quality control. Some hoses on the level system were crossed. The bedroom doors were missing.

We picked it up in April and have put 7000 on it since. Going to a shop now to have the rollers on the big slide adjusted just didn’t feel like messing with it.

I love it but it’s like loving your kid you have to appreciate the strengths and manage/support the weak spots .

It’s easy enough to drive that many of the 7000 miles were just me and my 2 year old son.

I like having the Azdel siding having owned older rvs I know what can go wrong.

Also seems quiet to me at cruising speed on a good road 71 decibels. Almost never have to go into 4th on hills. And I get 8.7 mpg.

Scale and tire tables with proper inflation is a must. Went from 95 to 80psi. Improved the bangs.

Tags
ada, coachmen, mirada