Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2022, 06:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Your super Duty is not a midsized pickup like the Ridgeline.
I'm not so sure that the distance from the undercarriage where the hitch attaches and the top of the hood is that much different between a new Ridgeline and my Superduty, the new light duty trucks have pretty tall fronts. It would be easy enough to measure before ordering one though.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2022, 07:08 PM   #16

I own a Ridgeline, well until last month, and it's a Honda Pilot with a pickup bed.
My Ebikes stuck up over the hood while the bikes were on the ground.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 10:03 PM   #17

e-bike racks must be rated for RV

eBike rack must be rated for RVs since RVs do much more bouncing and the leverage effect with the ebikes on the back end of any type of RV.

RV rated ebike racks are much more limited in selection than the gazillion of regular just bikes racks for your car.

Search for RV rated AND ebike rated racks.

Do not have too much fun though

Think about other trailer needs for a class C and dual mount trailer hitches

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CURT-4579...0-lbs/48349590

Hyperax makes a ebike rack for RV and I believe Hollywood does too.

https://hyperax.co/products/volt-rv-4x scroll down to mid page for all the RV ebike choices.
RScottB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 04:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscottb View Post
ebike rack must be rated for rvs since rvs do much more bouncing and the leverage effect with the ebikes on the back end of any type of rv.

Rv rated ebike racks are much more limited in selection than the gazillion of regular just bikes racks for your car.

Search for rv rated and ebike rated racks.

Do not have too much fun though

Think about other trailer needs for a class c and dual mount trailer hitches

https://www.walmart.com/ip/curt-4579...0-lbs/48349590

hyperax makes a ebike rack for rv and i believe hollywood does too.

https://hyperax.co/products/volt-rv-4x scroll down to mid page for all the rv ebike choices.
thank you!!
Gianfri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:39 PM   #19

This video just came out today, and may be of assistance to you...
https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/inbo...%2FASncAAAA%3D
sgtstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 10:10 AM   #20

Rear rack on 19FD

We own a 2018 GeoPro 19FD. A rear 1-1/4 receiver hitch was custom fabbed for a bike rack. The rack is a Bikewing that is/was rated for RV use. It was on our previous trailer for a couple of years & thousands of miles, and has now been on the GeoPro for a year.

One of the problems with the 19FD is it is very tongue heavy. To address that the 50# toolbag rides against the back wall of the bathroom, and bottled water & other stuff is in the bathtub. I was hoping that adding the 19# receiver, 16# rack and 2 28# bikes at the far rear of the trailer would really improve things. Alas, at the CAT scale last weekend, the tongue weight was still 580# on a total trailer weight of 4060. It has been as high as 700#, without rear hitch and no water in rear mounted stanky tanks.

The OP might have a better result with the heavier E-bikes, and would not have to add ballast to the bathroom.
FJ40Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:43 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have 2 full size ebikes that we transport on a HD rear rack without any issue. We have done this on a fifth wheel and a motorhome. Both have 2" hitches.

I remove the batteries to save about 20 lbs.

On occasion we will bring the bikes inside and transport them there. Out of sight, out of mind they say.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:34 PM   #22

Receiver hitch on small travel trailer

After agonizing for months about how to carry my wife's electric trike, I decided I had to try the receiver hitch. I had local trailer shop beef up the bumper by adding brackets to the frame, and then adding a receiver. I then took a folding platform carrier from Harbor Freight and adapted it to fit the bike. I have a single axle, 18' trailer, with a tongue weight of 350 lbs, and the bike and carrier added about 200 lbs to the rear. I removed the spare tire and carrier from the rear bumper and now carry the spare in my tow vehicle. I also added a second battery to the tongue to add a little weight.
I know I need to have my rig weighed, but have not done that yet. But I have traveled about 3000 miles so far with this set up, and have no issues. I load most weight in front of the axle when traveling. And I travel light.
Be aware of your tongue weight, and GVW and you should be fine.
But also be aware that you are voiding the warranty on your trailer by making the rear bumper better.
Jodys Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 05:10 PM   #23

Hello I carry my Ebike on the receiver/tongue of my trailer Palomino 178 RK, works like a dam. I have one 20 lb propane tank and one battery side by side next to the front of the trailer, then I have an area forward of that where I have a platform for my bike it is very stable with plenty of room for my power jack upfront. Put one bike on the front and one on the back ? Put a Lipo 4 battery inside if you're worried about tongue weight. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8403.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	683.6 KB
ID:	395844  
Jrisky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, hitch