Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Question Electrical issues 2000 Coachmen Mirada 340MBS

Hello all!

First, I apologize if starting this new thread is a "repeat" of something already posted. I just joined today, and do not intend to violate any rules.

Recently, I lost power to my HWH leveling system. I contacted HWH and "Joe" was quite helpful with sending me a service manual for the system (210 series) I have. Using that manual, I discovered no power was getting to the power side of the unit. Further tests revealed the power side was shorted to ground.

Having no wiring diagram and effectively "flying blind," I traced the power side back to three areas: a 7.5A fuse in the house accessory bus; the "Emergency Start" switch; and the other led back outside from the firewall into the structure. In removing dash panels to access the wiring harness, once the "Emergency Start" switch was disconnected, the short went away and I again had power to the HWH system.

Here's where I'm scratching my head: the switch showed continuity between the hot lead and ground (explaining the short) in its "non-thrown" position. To further rule it out, though, I reconnected the switch, and to my puzzlement everything (HWH, Emerg Start) seems to be working fine.

I contacted Coachmen (now "Forest River") and they told me "no service manuals are available." Forest River referred me to another company ("All American Specialty Vehicles") who informed me that, for a charge, they would "research" my coach and SELL me some wiring diagrams.

I'm not sure what there is to "research" (my coach is but 11 years old) but if there are any owners out there who have had similar issues, any help or advice is appreciated!

Sorry this went long, thanks in advance for any help/replies!

Mike in CA
FlyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Mike to irv2.
Here is a link to your jack system. It has a trouble section that may help.
If you go to the Newmar Quick Tips link in my signature BELOW there is more info from HWH.
Wonder if you have a EMS relay thats defective.
If you have a question start your own thread as you did just do not post same question in other forum formats its hard to answer your question chasing it over the forums.
Hope it helps enjoy the forums.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
One thing you might look at is the parking brake circuit. HWH jacks will not get power unless the park brake is on. The light in the dash must be on. I had this problem and finally cleared it up with a generous application of contact cleaner to the brake switch.
pkunk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, electrical, mirada, wiring problems