Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #1

Flagstaff 2021 microlite stolen by Forest River

Forest river Stole my money and my summer.
This is a terrible time to buy anything made with wood. If you notice, there has been a lot of complaits about Powder Post Beetles. These are wood-boring beetles that bore into the wood, lay legs, which then grow to maturity and bore their way out of the wood to begin the cycle again. They are often found in new campers, furniture, wood flooring, and cabinets. Bringing them into your home will cost you a lot of money. Finding an exterminator that will try to eradicate them is difficult. If you have them in your camper it is almost impossible to get rid of them. First, you have to convince the RV dealer that you bought it that way. You did, they just don't want to admit it. Then you have to get them to fix it. This is the difficult part,even if it is under warranty. MINE IS. They used infested wood to build the camper. Forest River will stone wall you when you file the claim.
Do not buy a Forrest River Camper. I bought one almost a year ago and when the mature beetles started to emerge through the walls of the camper, I filed a claim under my warranty. First they ignored my claim. Then I complained to the North Carolina Depart of Justice. This got Forrest Rivers attention. Forest river tells me they will fumigate the camper, repair the wood damage by the beetles and redo the whole process if the beetles return. That may sound good but let's think about it. First they did not fumigate the camper. They removed the paneling in one spot and sprayed the wall. That is not fumigation, that is a band aid. The adult beetles that have emerged this summer have flown around the camper and laid eggs. These eggs will hatch in 6 months. And I will need to have the process done again. So Each year when I am ready to go camping, I will have to remove everything from the camper, drive it to the dealer, and have the camper fixed again. This is my first year with this camper, and I have not been able to use my camper for 3 months. So, every year when I am ready to go camping, I will actually be waiting to get my camper back from the dealer.
I WANT THE CAMPER I PAID FOR. NEW, NOT INFESTED, READY TO USE. NOT FULL OF BUGS THAT I MGHT ACCIDENTY BRING IN TO MY HOUSE. AND WITHOUT THE NEED FOR YEARLY FUMIGATION AND REPAIR.
I paid with money that they can use. I what a camper I can use. They stole my money ($27,000) and my summer (Priceless). I have no camper at this time and I missed this years camping season.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2021, 02:01 PM   #2

That's a sad story! Guessing you can thank the quick turnover in lumber inventory for the problem. Obviously, there was insufficient kiln drying at too low a temp to kill the beetles and larva. Having a friend in Florida, I know there are companies that offer "tenting" services for entire homes to kill the Formosan and Drywood termites that have invaded the wood. I presume this process, although expensive, would prevent a recurrence of powder post beetle in your camper. Just a thought....
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:40 PM   #3

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the tenting servives.

Tags
ags, forest river