Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #1

Flying Coachman or "Wheelies in the Campground"

Every time we set up the automatic leveling jacks raise the front wheels off the ground. By several inches I should add.

I don't recall a single time in the dozen times or so I have used the jacks where the coach was leveled up with the front wheels touching the ground.

The coach always comes out level but I find it disconcertineg to see the front wheels up in the air.

Is this a problem? I have been watching other coaches and rarely see one getting ready to takeoff like ours. I ignore the diesels of course, since they have airbags.

Thoughts? Are the hydrolic leveling systems adjustible; could that be the problem? As I said I have no complaints about it leveling the coach. I've checked it with a level and the automatic system gets it right every time. I'm just not big on flying low every time we set up.

Roll and thanks for any help.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Have you tried to level it manually to see what the status is when it is level? On a previous gas coach I normally leveled the coach manually as I could do it quicker than the automatic system and when I was finished the coach was lower than it was with the automatic settings.

As for as adjusting the automatic system you should be able to manually level the coach then set the auto system to use the current settings. On my previous coach this was called "Nulling" I believe.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by texnet View Post
Have you tried to level it manually to see what the status is when it is level? On a previous gas coach I normally leveled the coach manually as I could do it quicker than the automatic system and when I was finished the coach was lower than it was with the automatic settings.

As for as adjusting the automatic system you should be able to manually level the coach then set the auto system to use the current settings. On my previous coach this was called "Nulling" I believe.
You are right on the money textnet.

I read the manual and practiced setting the jacks manually and found I can level it out without raising the wheels. In fact it takes very little push to level it out. I noted the importance of setting all four jacks down on the ground before starting and then to level front to rear first, then side to side. This was critical according to the manual. So I have given up on the auto level function and do it myself now.

Problem solved. Thanks!

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote